• 3(current)
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon
ndeshmukh: i don't believe there are imdb ids available. I am holding off on free cable db update because I still have a few stations I am close to finishing so was going to wait till then.

I updated amazon so it should do shows with season sub directories. It also should have all available metadata for amazon. I still need to add some more listing options for tv shows. I am tired so that's for tomorrow. I am going to go toke and watch some star trek.

Update: I think I am going to work on adding a my amazon library sections. This will contain your rental and purchases from amazon. I am weary of trying to implement purchasing in the plugin itself. Purchasing in your browser and having it show up in the plugin is an acceptable solution for the time being.

if anyone has a amazon gift credit or something they wouldn't mind me purchasing a few rentals with to test some code. drop me a pm. I am not asking for donations but if you have some amazon credit of some sort I could spend on a couple rentals then I welcome the help.
It works fine on computer and Roku but when I select a movie or TV show it says opening stream and just sits there. Free Cable and other plugins seem to work fine. I just installed 0.1.7 but still no luck.

Thanks so much for your efforts.
tonyk23: what version are you running? you might need an updated librtmp

I have discovered a couple videos that are hosted on limelight and they are using swfverify2 and won't play. I added a dialog warning if a video is hosted from limelight. unfortunately this is only known when attempting playback.

I also added a bunch of show listing options
I added a 'My Library' listing.

This lists your purchases and rentals from amazon. I rented a movie and "bought" some free doctor who videos that were added to my library. It all seems to work ok for me.

If someone already has several purchases or rentals of tv or movies from amazon then I would love for you to test it out a bit.

it sucks that limelight hosted videos use swfverify2. i have only found a couple tv episodes that use this so far though.
I have been reading a lot through the forums and searching for the answer, but I am still stumped. I have installed the update librtmp.dll in my dvdplayer directory and still not working. I have verified that I am using a valid prime account as well.

I can click on any video and it sit there saying Opening Stream and finally fail. Here is what the log says with it in debug mode.

http://pastebin.com/QZRCKRQF

I hope this is enough information.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Peter
PLBarton: you aren't logged in apparently. double check your email and password in the settings.

also relaunch the plugin from the start when changing log in settings or else they won't apply.

I am reformulating the login part so it is more reliable and gives better feedback on an error.
That was it. I had even checking inside the settings.xml and thought it was correct. Anyway, thanks for the very fast response and thanks for the great addons!
I'm a XBMC Noob - I've got the Amazon addon running but I can't get the content from Amazon to play. How do I install the correct version of librtmp
Hi Bluecop,

I added some code to your 0.1.7 version. Basically it pulls genre, poster and fanart from tvdb (it is your code adpated from free.cable).

If there is no genre from amazon, then it adds it or skips it. Two new columns to db called tvdbposter and tvdbfanart. While displaying is they are not found (marked in db as '-1') then it defaults to what is available from Amazon.

I would appreciate if you can add such funcationality to your code. Hopefully what I have done, you can easily adapt. My Python is pretty bad still.

Here is the modified addon...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=40RIY4ZQ

Thanks,
Nitin.

P.S. I would appreciate if in you addons where you pull data from tvd, if you can give the user control to pull preferably eitehr poster of banner, and if not found default to the other if it exists, then that would be nice.
Thumbs Up 
I updated the librtmp.0.dylib and all is well. I even see my purchased content as well. Very cool. Thanks for the help. Big Grin

Tony

BlueCop Wrote:tonyk23: what version are you running? you might need an updated librtmp

I have discovered a couple videos that are hosted on limelight and they are using swfverify2 and won't play. I added a dialog warning if a video is hosted from limelight. unfortunately this is only known when attempting playback.

I also added a bunch of show listing options
In fooling around with Amazon Prime Instant Video, one thing that perturbs me is that there is no way to queue up videos to watch like you can on Netflix. One thing you can do, though, is add instant videos to a wish list. Would it be possible to add functionality to look at a wish list and list just the videos on that list? Similar to the My Library function you've added, but that only applies to rentals and purchases, not free instant videos.

Just a thought - it might be a nice feature to implement a personal queue.
that is an excellent idea. I will look into that.
This is shaping up into an excellent add-on. Thanks BlueCop.

I recently dropped Netflix streaming because of the price increase. I already had Prime for the shipping and when Amazon added the videos I needed a way to watch them on my TV. I didn't want a Roku box, so this is just what I needed.

Big Grin
ndeshmukh: I am trying to add the tvdb code now. I am just making a generic module to use for free cable, amazon, or hulu. I am not sure what to supplement exactly on hulu though. I want to do the same with moviedb. I think I am going to have some db options for hulu so it can cache complete show and movie lists.

I committed an update to add a couple options to the settings for the library. You can completely disable the My Library item if you don't really rent or purchase videos from amazon. The other option is to retrieve the metadata for the library items. this is somewhat slow if there are alot of items. I am going to build a meta cache for library so it won't have to look up the data many times since the library is re-scraped each time it is accessed.

I am working on wish list option. the code I am using now looks for a wish list called 'Prime Queue' and then lists what is there.

The database gives us a lot of options for prime videos as well. I could implement a watched field to indicate what you have seen. Also a simple favorites show or movie lists is pretty simple to do. You would have to manage the lists from with in XBMC though and not the website.

If you are just trying to build a list of movies to watch then you can always use an xbmc playlist and add the movies or episodes to that for extended viewing.
Wow. You are adding a lot of stuf. Cool. I just wish you can get artwork from tvdb and tmdb, and not just banners, because many people don't use views with banners.

Anyways those are eye candy features, and hould be second to all other important functionality. Btw when you make a cache of the shows and stuf, then that cache can be out of sync with what is avaliable on the website.

So it is possible you are presented with choices, that are no longer available, or the new stuff on the website is not presented to you. Maybe have a 5-10 day auto update with full website scan? And make it such a way that the db can be incrementally updated. If you leave you update code in, the user can be presented with all the tvdb show options for them to choose the correct one for each show. You don't have to always make the db correctly, and keep handing out updated db. That is too much work and painful, as I experienced over the last week, applying your code free.cable tvdb code to Amazon, Icefilms, and free.cable for the newwer networks.

Btw I noticed you were not able to retrieve the genre for each show from Amazon, so which genre listing will they fall under? I guess you can supplement missing info from tvdb?

Thanks.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon14