[AppleTV2] Location of mobile file
I am trying to backup XBMC on my Apple TV2. The files are supposed to be located at private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC. However, I see no "mobile" file under private/var. Has it changed and I'm looking at old instructions? Am I just going blind? I'm using FileZilla.
What version of Apple TV software are you on? I'm on 4.2.1 (2100) and it's there. Try going to /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC.
jsvannorman Wrote:I am trying to backup XBMC on my Apple TV2. The files are supposed to be located at private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC. However, I see no "mobile" file under private/var. Has it changed and I'm looking at old instructions? Am I just going blind? I'm using FileZilla.

yes, either you are blind or filezilla is blind - try via WinSCP
rickrude Wrote:yes, either you are blind or filezilla is blind - try via WinSCP

no not blind just looking in the wrong path its not "private/var" its just "/var"
ie.
/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/
chuckles Wrote:no not blind just looking in the wrong path its not "private/var" its just "/var"
ie.
/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/

Wrong, they are both correct. The full path includes private/ but a symbolic link to var/ exists in the root directory.
Ned Scott Wrote:Wrong, they are both correct. The full path includes private/ but a symbolic link to var/ exists in the root directory.

in that case will need to add the / in front of private

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Location of mobile file0