Exporting Movies.tbn issue
Hi, I regularly export my video library as separate files to back things up, but also so I can edit the movie.nfo files for media flags using notepad++

However, I've noticed that when I export the movie poster thumbnails (movie.tbn) then reload this info into xbmc using the Information Refresh function, the reloaded thumbnail is lower quality (blurrier) than the downloaded thumbnail. I've confirmed this by then choosing Get Thumb and comparing my local copy to the remote original and it's definately the case for all thumbnails loaded from the local file.

This has been checked on several skins including Confluence. I'm using the 10.1 stable release of Dharma running on Windows 7 64 bit.

Has anyone else had this issue? It's not a massive problem, more that it's just really bugging me once I know it's happening
I compared the cached tbn file in XBMC/Userdata/Thumbnails/Video to the exported tbn file and the original jpg pulled from the internet for one of my films.

On the PC, they're all identical and also have an identical file size.

I also noticed that when changing the thumb through XBMC, the Local Thumb (presumably my exported movie.tbn file) is also good quality.

So it's literally just the current thumb that ends up blurry when I refresh information from the local file, which doesn't make any sense to me. Manually choosing Get Thumb > Local Thumb fixes the issue, but it's a painful extra step, particularly if I need to re-add all my files in one hit

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Exporting Movies.tbn issue0