Galaxy Tab 10.1
Hi,

Looking forward to getting my XBMC on the Galaxy Tab I've just purchased.

Sadly the Android Market says: "This app is incompatible with your Samsung GT-P7510". Or more accurately the web interface to the market says this. If I try it in the Market app itself it just says "Your purchase has been cancelled" when I try to install it which is about as far from helpful as it's possible to get, but I fully appreciate this is a market problem.

Anyway, just wondering if there is anything I can do to install it manually or override the compatibility issues or what fixes would be needed to recompile it for this device. I can't imagine anything seriously incompatible is actually in there (screen sizes may be an issue but it's unlikely to be a major problem).

I'm pretty new to Android but am pretty well versed in general ways of software development, so complex solutions won't be a problem Big Grin

Cheers

Col
For what it's worth, I managed to install it manually and it seems to work well Smile

It would be great to make it easier tho' for others with this h/w Smile
It is already fixed and will be in the next release.
XBMCLive Dharma beta 2 running on an ASRock ION 330 HT
Awesome! Thanks to everyone involved!
That is great news, playing with one over the weekend. Any idea when that release will be out?

If it's going to be a while is there a way around it?
Never mind, whacked the .apk across from my Nexus. Doesnt really work as there is no menu button on this Tab which kinds of limits what you can do once youre connected :-) Looking forward to the new version thatll work properly. Will try out the Transformer over the weekend as well.
I downloaded a recent Gingerbread friendly version from here:
http://code.google.com/p/android-xbmcrem...loads/list

It may be better than the one on your Nexus, but who knows Smile
ToonGeneral Wrote:Never mind, whacked the .apk across from my Nexus. Doesnt really work as there is no menu button on this Tab which kinds of limits what you can do once youre connected :-) Looking forward to the new version thatll work properly. Will try out the Transformer over the weekend as well.

There is a button in the lower bar right next to the screenshot button. Tab there for the menu Wink
XBMCLive Dharma beta 2 running on an ASRock ION 330 HT
I'm still confused as to why a "Screenshot" button gets such prominence... I have half a dozen pointless shots already due to fat fingers! I think a secret key combo would be better, but who am I to judge! Anyway, OT for this forum Big Grin
@coling, couldn't agree more, retarded choice by Samsung.

Staying on topic, the latest version for Gingerbread does indeed install fine on the Tab, will connect and I can launch movies, but I can't use the remote control once it's playing :-)

Could this be because I'm using both a MySQL db for the library and a symlinked thumbs folder on the NAS? Can I provide some data / debug dumps etc to help find out what's not working?

It also takes around 3-5s of playback to get audio, picture and the tablet screen all in sync. It usually starts audio immediately, possibly with a couple of jumps, then picture and tablet will come in together.

Same symptoms tested with the Eee Pad Transformer.
Looking forward to XBMC for Galaxy Tab 10.1. I tried to install again today, and it STILL doesn't install. It still reports as incompatible with Galaxy Tab 10.1 Been waiting almost 2 years. Sure will be nice when they come out with a fix.
You should really try alternatives like Yatse or Music Pump to really enjoy controlling your Xbmc from an Android tablet / phone Smile
(2013-06-30, 10:56)tomtinker Wrote: Looking forward to XBMC for Galaxy Tab 10.1. I tried to install again today, and it STILL doesn't install. It still reports as incompatible with Galaxy Tab 10.1 Been waiting almost 2 years. Sure will be nice when they come out with a fix.

Weird, I have it installed on my Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wifi. But as the previous post said, it totally sucks on tablets anyways, there I only use Yatse and Music Pump Remote.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Galaxy Tab 10.10