Play Audio from Line In (NOT FOR KARAOKE, sry X3lectric ;-) )
no, input devices are abstracted behind XBMC's virtual file system. a microphone and a video of my cat both look the same to AE. I'm probably exaggerating the difficulties of adding mic input to the vfs, and someday i'll know for sure
the fact remains that as I explained, you cannot plug mic into (pink plug) and have ANY audio come out via the output device (HDMI).

If the MIC was to AE the same as a video (with your cat or not) then What I see wouldnt be true.

XBMC has settings to deal with audio output devices, but none to deal with input devices. This, whatever the reason means AE while able to catch a audio stream from a video, is unable to see any other input sources that are not video.

If there is any way to setup the microphone and if AE is indeed able to, then ANYONE feel free to let us know, how one can go about doing this without coding support.

I cant find any way on the intrawebs, for a linux install without a desktop environment. It just not possible.
(2012-09-30, 19:05)yallah Wrote:
(2012-09-29, 09:22)bugme Wrote: any advances on this, as far as I have noticed, NO support for line in or MIC is supported in XBMC. AE has been merged and nothing has been done about audio input.

hellllllllllllllllppppppppp

+1

patches welcome
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1205215

@Martijn We know about the "patches welcome" your post is unwanted deviation from the concerns here. IF I could code I wouldnt be asking for help on how to do this... assuming anyone has the skills by making such a comment is rather uneducated.
(2012-10-03, 15:40)bugme Wrote: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1205215

@Martijn We know about the "patches welcome" your post is unwanted deviation from the concerns here. IF I could code I wouldnt be asking for help on how to do this... assuming anyone has the skills by making such a comment is rather uneducated.

I will refrain myself from further seemingly "uneducated" comments then Rolleyes

PS:
Don't go reporting my post cause it was valid and reporting posts of an XBMC team member isn't that smart either.
Screaming hellllllllllllllllppppppppp is a bit sad
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Ahh where is that last post? I wanted to request patches for that "GET A LIFE" thingy. Damn...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Is this still in the works? Is there a patch I can download?
Bump
Hello,

I found a Plugin in a German forum http://www.xbmcnerds.com/index.php?page=...post117654 (Also available as a "plugin" ZIP from here http://ul.to/8lh3i63x )

It looks very Promising, but it doesn't help me a lot because openelec doesn't use alsasrc

So I would be glad for any other Options
sorry to dig up an old post but since vinyl is becoming increasingly more popular, I was wondering if there might be a revival of this plugin or if there is another option that I didn't see in my searches or if we know for sure that the German plugin works as intended.

It would be kinda cool if there was an option within KODI that would open say an audio port that goes directly to the turntable audio. So it would work like this:

Find the listing on the KODI menu....maybe called AUX-IN or Turntable.
Enter it and it opens a port or a patch from USB/LINE-IN to ALSA. Hit X and it exit and closes that port.

I think that would be good because it allows KODI to continue to be in charge as the media center and not just a dumb solution.

Anyway....if anyone can chime in here that would be amazing

Thanks
A bit off topic, but I wonder if on the windows platform at least you could use VB-audio see - http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/

To mix kodi, microphone and turntables together.

I certainly use the vban protocol from vb-audio to send the kodi output to raspberry pi receivers running vban to give multiroom audio without wires everywhere
Would be fantastic for connecting not only turntable but also all sorts of portable mp3 players (i-pod and the alike)
AND another use would be automatic audio calibration (equalizer - room correction at the moment, hopefully a complete speakers calibration in the future)
(2016-04-04, 11:29)rykios Wrote: Would be fantastic for connecting not only turntable but also all sorts of portable mp3 players (i-pod and the alike)
AND another use would be automatic audio calibration (equalizer - room correction at the moment, hopefully a complete speakers calibration in the future)

Would love to see a line input protocol for this reason exactly. It seems like it could easily been implemented. I have a phono input on my receiver, but to be able to play a line in source in Kodi would be amazing for those with a record collection and not have to switch A/V sources, which I imagine is a pretty big group of folks. Currently, I have a VLC hack that will play back, but it is inelegant an there is not a very great option for Windows other than this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play Audio from Line In (NOT FOR KARAOKE, sry X3lectric ;-) )2