Worth Buying ATV2
dave2384 Wrote:Hey guys, I have been trying to work out is it worth me buying an ATV2 or an Zotac. I want a nice small low powered system, that can play DivX, MKV 720p some MKV's have subtitles. I have so far been using a laptop running Live as my machine with a Windows 7 backend.

I don't think this is comparing apples with apples. The ATV is a $100 system and the Zotac is 2.5X the price, so of course it is probably going to be better in a lot of ways.

I have an ATV2 and since xbmc 10-09, I have had no issues with decoding 1080p x264 media. Even though the atv only outputs 720p, it looks stunning. You have to have a fairly big TV and be sitting close to notice anyway.
He wanted someone to make a decision.. I did based on my point of view.
With regards to subtitled films, I watched a chunk of a movie yesterday that's a 1080p encode, has multiple DTS soundtracks and soft sub tracks and it seemed to work fine here. Maybe there's issues if you get to 2 hours through or something, but I've only got the unit for a few days before I give it away so just testing random things.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Worth Buying ATV20