ATV2 stutters en crashes when playing back from NAS
I'm new to ATV2 and jailbreak, but anyway that all is done and below my configuration

ATV2 jailbrocken with season pass version 4.2.2 (2203)
XBMC PRE 11.00 20110623-62171b3 (compiled 23 juni 2011)
Synology NAS DS209 II
both wired via gigaswitch or 2,4 GHz router (I created entries via SMB, FTP and WebDAV all same result)

most of my films will not play trough apple tv, the quality is low, films are stuttering (see log 1), or chrashing (see log 2) xbmc and then returning to main screen.

I used to play these films via plex via my iMac direct on my tv and then no problem. The idea of ATV2 is that I don't have to switch on my iMac and cabling etc to watch film from my NAS.

Log 1 XBMC.LOG when playing an ISO file 6,6 GByte (indicated as a SD film in movies directory)
http://pastebin.com/DJYKNwAC

Log 2 XBMC.LOG when playing a blue ray film 1080, cartoon of 7,33 GByte, chrashes after one minute
http://pastebin.com/TMtneSzj

I hope somebody can make something of this. If more info is required please let me know.
jadi Wrote:I'm new to ATV2 and jailbreak, but anyway that all is done and below my configuration

ATV2 jailbrocken with season pass version 4.2.2 (2203)
XBMC PRE 11.00 20110623-62171b3 (compiled 23 juni 2011)
Synology NAS DS209 II
both wired via gigaswitch or 2,4 GHz router (I created entries via SMB, FTP and WebDAV all same result)

most of my films will not play trough apple tv, the quality is low, films are stuttering (see log 1), or chrashing (see log 2) xbmc and then returning to main screen.

I used to play these films via plex via my iMac direct on my tv and then no problem. The idea of ATV2 is that I don't have to switch on my iMac and cabling etc to watch film from my NAS.

Log 1 XBMC.LOG when playing an ISO file 6,6 GByte (indicated as a SD film in movies directory)
http://pastebin.com/DJYKNwAC

Log 2 XBMC.LOG when playing a blue ray film 1080, cartoon of 7,33 GByte, chrashes after one minute
http://pastebin.com/TMtneSzj

I hope somebody can make something of this. If more info is required please let me know.

have you disabled apple updates via your hosts file or installed 'updatebegone' via nitoTV?
rickrude Wrote:have you disabled apple updates via your hosts file or installed 'updatebegone' via nitoTV?

Hello, thanks for responding. About apple update, I blocked it via terminal commands I found on the internet. I also installed ATVflash black where I can see that apple updates are shut off. I don't get the message either.
Can I suggest renaming your Userdata and testing the mkv again? Not sure about the iso, but I have a ton of these 1080p mkvs and they all play flawlessly. Failing that, try the nightlies. Also rule out that giga switch by trying a crossover cable straight to file server.

Hopefully someone will find something obvious in your logs
rickrude Wrote:Can I suggest renaming your Userdata and testing the mkv again? Not sure about the iso, but I have a ton of these 1080p mkvs and they all play flawlessly. Failing that, try the nightlies. Also rule out that giga switch by trying a crossover cable straight to file server.

Hopefully someone will find something obvious in your logs

Hello thanks again.
renaming THE userdata, how is that done? I tried to Google it but can't find a lead there.
jadi Wrote:Hello thanks again.
renaming THE userdata, how is that done? I tried to Google it but can't find a lead there.

Tried something new,

when I play a Youtube trailer via XBMC it stutters en goes slow, if I do the same via the ATV menu (under internet) it plays flawlessly. Obvious there is something wrong with my XBMC installationHuh??
jadi Wrote:Tried something new,

when I play a Youtube trailer via XBMC it stutters en goes slow, if I do the same via the ATV menu (under internet) it plays flawlessly. Obvious there is something wrong with my XBMC installationHuh??

Exit XBMC
SSH into the atv with putty or whatever (same way when you installed it), then run these commands one by one.

Code:
cd /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences
mv  XBMC XBMC.old
apt-get remove org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2

Start XBMC and test again.

To restore your old settings again..

Code:
cd /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences
rm -r XBMC
mv XBMC.old XBMC

I am not saying this will fix it, just a good test to see if something is up with your data.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 stutters en crashes when playing back from NAS0