Remote Control not working Eden 11
The XBMC remote control portion of the app has stopped working.

I can still browse movies etc and play them but the remote just stopped working.

Are there any known issues?
I don't remember the "Remote Control" portion ever working.

Though (in the latest update) Text input does work (if i send a space from my android it will pause the movie).
have you guys enabled eventserver? also for foreign hosts? 2 checkboxes under network settings.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
I keep getting an socket timeout error and its says make sure event server is enabled and xbmc is running. In my network settings i haveeverything enabled.

Also on tvshows it goes to portrait and cant auto adjust. Movieds works ok. On movies the parentalguide rating information gets cutoff.

Also how do i bring up the keyboard on app. Im using an asus transformer tablet.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
I'm having the same problem. The remote is not working, the only thing I can do is to browse movies and start them. Right now I'm using the remote from Unified Remote, but I would like to use the official XBMC one instead if this issue is fixed. My XBMC version is 10.1 and My phone is a Galaxy S2.
Same problem here. HTC Desire

and Blackberry Playbook
thats not the only problems with this "one and only" android remote.

android 4.0 is not suported,some fails in the construction of the code,some phones get irreparable fails and lost conection or can not view the libary.remote doesn´t work sometimes like in this post etc pp.

it´s a little bit sad that only one person is working on the xbmc remote for android.i look to ios, there are so many good remotes and persons who work on it Sad

i like this remote really. but i think someone just grow up from the start with a new remote for android because this one have some lag of support Sad

it´s not a troll post and i don´t want to dislike your work because you do your best but we need some more persons who do the work for a good remote like constellation
lurchie85 you are completly right Sad
I absolutely love the remote and it has always worked perfectly for me up until this latest update. However, I am not running the most recent versions of android and am stuck in the past with the htc desire. But yes I agree its frustrating that ios is getting so much attention when android supports open source projects like these natively.
just chiming in with my $.02. went from a completely working dharma build (all set up and everything) to a non-working eden build. even on a non ICS android phone (same build, same ROM as before). only thing that changed was dharma to eden.

Sad
The webserver is broken in current Eden builds, and the remote relies on that.

Eden is, after all, still in development.
rflores2323 Wrote:I keep getting an socket timeout error and its says make sure event server is enabled and xbmc is running. In my network settings i haveeverything enabled.

Also on tvshows it goes to portrait and cant auto adjust. Movieds works ok. On movies the parentalguide rating information gets cutoff.

Also how do i bring up the keyboard on app. Im using an asus transformer tablet.

I found he answer! just increase the socket timeout, in the "Manage XBMC Hosts" setting for the host you are connecting to. I increased mine from 6000, to 9000, and now it works perfectly!
I have a strange problem with the remote control of this app / XBMC

First some background:
I have 2 android devices both with the latest version of the app:
HTC desire phone
Nook Color tablet running cm7

I also have 2 clients:
yavdr PVR XBMC (pre eden built 22/10/11)
OpenElec (eden beta 1 built 28/12/11)

Now my phone can control both perfectly as a remote control, so I know the web server is working on both.

My Nook can control the OpenElec without a problem, but with the YAVDR XBMC the remote control portion does not work. I can browse the media files and play them, even press on the playback timeline to skip forward or backward, but no key presses on the remote control work.

Any ideas?
hmm might downgrade from beta to stable
mine works fine on eden beta.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote Control not working Eden 110