default 'home' selection
Sorry for the noobish question, I have searched but most people want to open XBMC and go straight to the Movies screen etc whereas I'm curious as to how XBMC decides what gets the default selection on the home screen when you open XBMC up.

i.e on a fresh installation, Confluence defaults to the 'videos' selection. If I change the skin settings to disable videos and only show movies, tv shows and music.. and then close and open xbmc.. music is selected by default (although not highlighted)

Just curious! It's not the end of the world if this behavior isn't customizable.
just change the buttons for movies and music in the home.xml
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
mad-max Wrote:just change the buttons for movies and music in the home.xml
Sorry noob here (first post and couldn't find any other results in search) : just how do you do that, exactly?
TIA
Pascal
Can't anybody point me in the right direction? You can only research so much... I just need a friendly pointer from you skilled skinners to be able to mod the home page so that the default active button is movies instead of videos, come on Wink , help me out here.
Pascal
Edit the 720p/home.xml and swap the order of the buttons.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
xbs08 Wrote:Edit the 720p/home.xml and swap the order of the buttons.
So simple... Blush I was looking everywhere for an Id to be loaded first in a file or ... something. So I imagine you just have to shuffle the order of those buttons around and the third one from left (in Confluence horizontal) will invariably be selected by default.
Thanks a lot!
Cheers,
Pascal

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
default 'home' selection0