Some fixes to the AppleRemote keymap
I have this Harmony remote programmed in the Harmony application as an Apple TV remote. The remote gives me some extra buttons compared to the standard Apple remote: Rewind/forward and chapter back/next. The problem is that the functions for chapter skip buttons are interchanged. This only happens within XBMC. In the native Apple interface, watching movies/shows the chapter skip buttons works OK.

I did a fix in my joystick.AppleRemote.xml keymap file, exchanging buttons 20 and 21 in the <global> section:
Code:
<!-- skip back  -->      <button id="20">SkipPrevious</button><!-- was SkipNext -->
      <!-- skip fwd   -->      <button id="21">SkipNext</button><!-- was SkipPrevious -->

Another little annoyance was that I couldn't pause a running picture slideshow using the standard Apple remote. Turns out the Pause function wasn't mapped to any button. So I added the following two lines in the <SlideShow> section:
Code:
<button id="5">Pause</button><!-- pause function mapped to center/select button -->
      <button id="12">Pause</button><!-- pause function mapped to play/pause button for pause -->

Here is the complete file: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16101236/atv2/jo...Remote.xml

I'm not sure if this the proper way to fix these issues, but at least they work fine for me. Smile
Perhaps someone could commit these changes if they are acceptable?

Thanks,
Rune.

---------
Platform: AppleTV2 4.2.2 (2203) (iOS 4.3)
XBMC: PRE-11.0 Git:20110818-091397a (Compiled : Aug 19 2011)
Brilliant mate, thanks for this, just what I was looking for

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some fixes to the AppleRemote keymap0