XBMC - Freezes Upon StartUp - IPAD2
Hi Guys,

Have had my iPad2 for a week now, and installed XBMC onto it, and whilst at first XBMC worked, now upon starting XBMC it loads teh default skin, the rss feed starts to scroll and then stops, xbmc is then frozen and you can't do a thing.

I have removed xbmc from the device and downloaded again, only for the same thing to happen.

Question, I would of thought by removing xbmc and then re-downloading and instaling this would fix the issue, but clearly it hasn't.

Ok, I know there is another thread about xbmc not starting on xbmc, and whilst I have read the threads, there is no answer on how to fix the issue. I know that you guys want the log file, but for a newbie (which I am not) that thread states about ssh into the device, something a newbie may not be able to do ...

So my question is why doesn't uninstalling and re-installing xbmc work? and fix the issue, could it be that some files are left behind when you remove it ... bottom line is i'm sure this has happened to a few peeps on here and we would really apprecaite an answer as to how to fix this problem.

So, please can anybody advise on which files to delete in order to get xbmc working again on the Ipad2..

Thanks in advance.. In the meantime I will look into this myself, and should I manage to sort the issue I will post the way I did it ..
Nerd
because all of your settings are not removed. Something in your settings is causing the freeze. We could tell you what is causing the freeze if you gave us a log. If you don't want to give us the debug log then you could just use iFile (or SSH/SFTP using Cyberduck/Filezilla) and delete

var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/
Thank you, have done this and xbmc is working again. Much appreciated

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC - Freezes Upon StartUp - IPAD20