Xbmcscripts.com launch
hi,

i have just now launched a page aiming to be a script portal for xbmc. it is open for user submissions so please register and upload scripts that you see aren't added on the site already (keep in mind that they have to be approved before they're shown...this may take a while). also make sure that the script is the latest version and that it is working on a recent cvs build. if there are any suggestions please contact me and i'll try to listen.

you can also contribute with "how-to-guides and code examples - you'll find some more information on the site, but it's pretty self-explainary.  these also have to be approved to keep from abuse.

anyways, i hope you find some need in the site and help building it!

http://www.xbmcscripts.com
xbmcscripts.com administrator
yeah ! cool !
it rocks !
see ya Wink
for some reason there seems to be some registration issues. if you haven't got a mail after registering please be (really) patient as it should get there eventually. i am looking into it and i might enable some accounts manually throughout the evening if i get the time.
nice site enderw.

here is another script hostiung site by dotspf:
http://pythonscripts.dnsalias.com/

he posted the link in the forums a few days ago. here:
http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....website

after taking a look at each i'd say your's is more attractive. keep up the good work!

i'm fairly new to python script writing. i hope to see some more dev how-to's, links, etc.
Softmodded
XMBC enthusiast since Dec. 2004
good. now add this to the cvs changelog script you made
so that new scripts added to your site is listed in the script  :kickass:
description and maby a screenshoot
(thor918 @ mar. 22 2005,20:11 Wrote:good. now add this to the cvs changelog script you made
so that new scripts added to your site is listed in the script  :kickass:
description and maby a screenshoot
hah, like i have time to do that

i wish i had though, but i doubt it...
very nice site bro!  clean and easy to navigate

Nod
nice job and thank you!!!

this woud be super cool if a script like scriptrunner linked to your site for auto-downloads and installs. it could provide preview screen shots and descriptions to help the user decide if they want to dl & install.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
i also have a webpage for python script.
mine is french... so, not sure you'll find what you want !
http://xbmc-scripts.gueux.be/
affini:

i totally agree that a script which did all that would be wonderful. there is only one problem - time and knowlegde to code one Wink the python part i am sure i could make, but i don't have time. then you'd need some kind of database on the server which the script could query. the system used today isn't really suitable for this - sure, a simple downloads script would be piece of cake, but update information would be hard to interpret. of course if anyone is interested in helping out, i am all ears.

everyone:

speaking of helping out by the way, the amount of uploads to the site haven't exactly been overwhelming. i can only hold track of so and so many scripts myself and there are plenty of scripts out there i have little knowlegde of and perhaps i haven't even heard of them. not to say i haven't got so much time the next 3-4 days to search for and upload scripts myself. i will however check on the site and approve scripts. you've now got a nice database, why not use it and help others? Smile

as always, please come with suggestions to improvements. also, if any of you have problems registering do not hesitate to contact me (admin at xbmcscripts.com).

-enderw
i like the site. any plans for a forum?
how can you update an already submitted script?
i can see that i can edit the text and there is a drop box for the file but the only options in that is "select document" and the original file...

i tried uploading another file to see if it gets added to that file list but no-go...
can you add this to the faq please? thanks enderw!

-ast
i have updated the faq now. the solution may not be the best, but it has it's pros as well as cons. one good thing is that it makes it less open to abuse, but on the other side it takes longer for people to update scripts. in fact there isn't any other way to do it at the moment, but a new version of the document manager i use is soon to be released. that doesn't neccessarily mean that i will change to a direct update method though, we'll see...
@enderw:

hi,
it would be nice, if you could display the newly added scripts or updated scripts in a longer list. currently there are just 5 entries above in the menu, where the updated scripts appear.. sometimes users perhaps are missing some scripts if when they only see the last 5 updates!

i mean something like this (changelog or history):

15.04.05: flexibrowser updated
14.04.05: quicktimebrowser added
14.04.05: ..
14.04.05: ..
12.04.05: ..
11.04.05: ..
11.04.05: ..
10.04.05: ..

so that you can see a list of all updates! so you are not missing an update when you just check the site once a week or so .. Wink

scape
My XBOX built into a Sony Hifi CD-Player Case
XBOX Hifi Media Center Picture Gallery

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmcscripts.com launch0