What should I know before upgrading to iOS 4.3?
Smile 
Hi,

I have an Apple TV 2G, jailbroken with Seasonpass, and with XBMC installed. I want to upgrade to the latest version of iOS, but I'm a little hesitant.

First off, is there a version of XBMC for 4.3 yet? Is it stable enough to play MKV's (which is what I play most often)? If this is the case, how would I go about installing the appropriate version through SSH? Or, should I just wait until the devs work out the kinks?

Thanks for the input. The last thing I want to do is downgrade my Apple TV!
ctyonahl Wrote:Hi,

I have an Apple TV 2G, jailbroken with Seasonpass, and with XBMC installed. I want to upgrade to the latest version of iOS, but I'm a little hesitant.

First off, is there a version of XBMC for 4.3 yet? Is it stable enough to play MKV's (which is what I play most often)? If this is the case, how would I go about installing the appropriate version through SSH? Or, should I just wait until the devs work out the kinks?

Thanks for the input. The last thing I want to do is downgrade my Apple TV!

mind me asking why you want to upgrade? anything in 4.3 that you need?
Vimeo support! I watch a lot of HD movies on Vimeo, and the XBMC plugin doesn't play HD very well.
Don't do it ... the rm command is b0rked currently and if you aren't familiar with linux shell - better wait for an jb update ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:Don't do it ... the rm command is b0rked currently and if you aren't familiar with linux shell - better wait for an jb update ...

There is a jailbreak for iOS 4.3. See here:

http://www.appletvhacks.net/2011/08/21/u...rev-8f455/

and here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=99315
Memphiz Wrote:Don't do it ... the rm command is b0rked currently and if you aren't familiar with linux shell - better wait for an jb update ...

note what Memphiz said about JB
I'm actually not quite sure what he means by all that!
ctyonahl Wrote:I'm actually not quite sure what he means by all that!

as you said in your original post, wait until the JB is updated
OK, will do! Nod
amet Wrote:mind me asking why you want to upgrade? anything in 4.3 that you need?

So from an XBMC perspective (now and in near future) is there any reason for me to upgrade from the version in my sig?
rickrude Wrote:So from an XBMC perspective (now and in near future) is there any reason for me to upgrade from the version in my sig?

from xbmc perspective, no
amet Wrote:from xbmc perspective, no

Good as gold

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What should I know before upgrading to iOS 4.3?0