Ifilmbrowser 1.1 not working properly
hello,

is there a howto for ifilmbrowser 1.1? ifilmbrowser is not working correctly for me. when i run the script (via my files) 1)the menu shows up with no background 2) when i click on a menu item like "get all" nothing happens and my machine freezes.

i'm a noob and i don't think i have installed it properly. do i also need the aqtbrowser?

thanks for your time.
i'm using the ifilm 1.1 (modified to fix recent changes in ifilm)

first of all... why are you running your script through the file browser instead of the script browser?

also, i don't recall (just checked) a 'get all' button anywhere in ifilm....

the reason there is no background (my guess) is that you don't have the ifilmbrowser folder in the same folder as the ifilm script. make sure there are no spaces in the ifilmbrowser folder name.

the bigger problem is that ifilm must have changed thier site again last night (around 10pm eastern.) i'm assuming this because i was at my friends using ifilm and it worked great one second but then a few minutes later it just stopped displaying anything in any category! i also found the exact same problem with my xbox today. my ifilm was working yesterday also.

so it seems the ifilm script needs another revamping...
Softmodded
XMBC enthusiast since Dec. 2004
here is what fixed it for me. someone posted these instructions for another thread...

1) unzip your file
2) ftp to your xbox and go to your "xbmc" direcory
3) look for the folder named "scripts"
4) upload your files to the "scripts" directory
5) using "myfiles" browse to the "scripts" directory, highlight the .py file, and press "a" to select/run it.

how this helps someone. it did for me.
apparently you missed the part where it was affirmed that "the ifilm script needs another revamping."

script is broken. this is not a user error. Wink

try testing your script. if yours is working, then upload it for the rest of us. http://upload.gooffense.com/
nope, i saw the post. mine was indeed an installation error. i had the files in the wrong location. the script launches properly, but does not connect to ifilms. i am aware that this what needs to be revamped because they changed their site.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ifilmbrowser 1.1 not working properly0