• 1(current)
[WIP] Precession Project
Well against my better judgement I've decided to start designing a new skin, even though my free time is so rare. But I'm addicted so I can't help myself. Laugh

I still plan on working on Fusion from time to time as well but this skin represents a change in direction for me, hence the name Precession Project. This will be a more simple skin, but in a different way that Fusion was.

I am designing this to be official repo ready from the start with open source fonts, and in some ways what I could envision for a new default skin for XBMC.

I'm going to start with maybe 3 viewtypes so as not to bog down the skin, maybe just a list, icon, and posterwrap view.

Anyway, here is where I am with the home design so far. I will post more as they are created.

Reserved
Didn't see that coming - very nice.
I like it so far.
its not hiding half the fanart like some skins do.
im sure im not the only one that enjoys a nice clear view of the fanart which in some cases i spent hours creating myself cause i couldnt find any i liked.
nice project, thought you might want to take in consideration that most people read from left to right, so placing the menu on the left side feels more comfortable to me then on the right side, but that's my opinion.
redje Wrote:nice project, thought you might want to take in consideration that most people read from left to right, so placing the menu on the left side feels more comfortable to me then on the right side, but that's my opinion.

I like it, plus it separates itself from other skins.
It looks amazing and looks to deal with a few of the problems I have with various skins. I can't wait to see the finished product - thanks for the work and dedication!
Interested to see more, like it so far. Smile
That looks really good! What show/movie is that fanart from?
opm881 Wrote:That looks really good! What show/movie is that fanart from?

It's George Romero's Diary of the Dead.
Very nice home page concept. I especially like the tabs on the left. You always do such excellent designs.
redje Wrote:nice project, thought you might want to take in consideration that most people read from left to right, so placing the menu on the left side feels more comfortable to me then on the right side, but that's my opinion.

I like the way the menu is shown on the right side, it is a kind of unique touch, a refreshing one, also the tabs on the left are looking really good.
Hitcher Wrote:I like it, plus it separates itself from other skins.

i totally agree with that + it looks nice. I was just pointing out from a usability point of view in my opinion.
Ok here is the list view and showing the general idea for navigation from within the library.

Wow, this is looking awesome!

Really liking the sideways writing on the left.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Precession Project7