This should qualify as a premier Announcement, but....
Thumbs Up 
This should qualify as a premier Announcement, but.... I happened to just about trip over on your app two days ago while doing research for a client on an upcoming IT project. Oo

I'm from Louisiana, but don't let rumor fool ya, we do in fact get around (and get around well) and it ain't by no pirouque Sha! I've worked avidly and addictively in the IT and electronics industry for nearly 15 years now and before that I was licensed by the FCC as a Amateur "Ham" radio operator well before that and tore apart my first "pc" at the wee age of 6 years back in the days where Acoustical modems were the shiznit and we had to splice wires into RS-232 busses in order to accomplish all manner of nasties across copper pair..... Angry well, ok, long story short: Nod

... I am, was, and will FOREVER be an absolute nut for good (and LOUD, THUMPIN) progressive trance, house, breaks, dub step, a little drum and bass, etc... been heavy in the scene since way, way before the day the DEA raided the famous Kingfish nightclub here in my hometown with six helicopters and 500+ localized law enforcement folks about a year after MDMA and its analougues were hijacked by the Feds and placed on the list of scheduled substances.... anyone reading this may or may not agree with my vision on that sort of thing, but me, I say during the week, you work hard and earnest... on the weekends and holidays, if one wishes so, he/she should be allowed to experience the real and deep satisfaction of true underground "gatherings"... can't actually say "Rave" anymore cause those oh, so smart Fibbies thought making even calling an "event" a Rave would criminalize it would stop pure human nature.... and that is to congregate and enjoy each others' human companionship and well.... if your like me.... even "warmth" if you and another meet up and decide to well.... you know what I mean....

anyways.... media presentation systems have been and are always the Rave with peeps in "our" (or "my") crowd.... and if you don't know it... "we" have never died away... we pass on our ways to the youngins coming up, we say how things should be and how they were, passing along the baton ever soooo slowly.... cause the scene, the people in it, the great music, the extra-curriculurs.... we like it, we love it.... we don't kill each other, we don't seek to raise drama between us.... yea, maybe Utopia is a country no human on Earth shall ever have the grace to live, but for brief periods several times a year, we can do our part to feel as close to that as we can... and indeed we do....

XBMC is a revolution in extending some of that experience to my home and to my work... and now to my many friends. I have tried and used many a "media player" over the years... being an avid, addicted IT "dude" I was shocked that neither I or anyone I know had ever heard of it before... and a few bugs or not.... you got a winner here.... I mean like WOW... XBMC is not even in the same class as Windows Media Player, Real, Winamp, Aimp, etc, etc... its the total media immersion on the PC that I have yearned for, really. For me to put all this stuff down in a forum like this is way out of the ordinary unless its explaining a server issue and remediation processes...

Any of you all ever down my way, holla.... my treat. You guys need some hosting space? Bandwidth for streaming? My ISP is my City and they run nothing but Fiber to the home and I have serveral 100Mbps/100Mbps lines MUX'ed together there with my "itty bitty" home data center which uplinks to my company's and my partner in another company's real datacenter in town, which has many of those same, clean, clear, super fast Fiber connections... best of all its cheap too.... google LUS Fiber Wink

Thank you all for your work on XBMC! Sometimes the best moments in our lives happen by chance or accident.... I spend on average 20 hours a day in one datacenter or another... so my music and how I listen and experience it while I toil away is a big part of my life... and well gosh durn it... you all just made it all so much better!

Let me know if I can do something for you besides the typical. I'd like to get involved in this effort more... but I am no programmer, unless its to to test penetration, etc... in a network or something... I can do lots of other things though and make available resources to open the doors a bit more for XBMC.

Anyways, thanks again. Big Grin

-337nDaHouse

(Paul in Lafayette, LA)
...also I can confirm that the latest stable is in fact stable under a heavy AF load from me on Windows 8 builds 7955 and 7989. Big Grin
Your awesome dude Wink
Thumbs Up 
Why thank ya much indeedy! Big Grin: not necessary, though. I feel there is in all of us that "awesome." The ability to just let go and live and live well without the hum drum of the daily toils we actually make into toils because we beez fretting about the weekend ma man, ya dig? haha.... Live long and prosper... seem to remember that phrase from the telly back in the D. Back when SOUND effects were cool.... not 3D complex supercomputer-driven animations, but (SIGH) adapt and move on.... yea, I like that... what will the rest of the today and all the tomorrow's bring to me? What can I do now to make that a bit easier and more enjoyable... more enriching... but we've (or was it I?) digressed. Ah, see maybe its the X in my BMC this one hot, humid summer's night. Wink Chow, mano. Thanks for the kudos.
Beam me up Dude!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
This should qualify as a premier Announcement, but....0