Idea : script writers please read...
Sad 
hi everyone,

as a script writer myself (jscript & vbscript... just started learning python a week ago in my spare time) i'm hoping that the community can come up with some basic guidelines for xbmc scripts.

here's a few i would like to see implimented and please voic your opinions and suggestion for guidelines also...

1) since there are so many different skins that people use, i'd like to see a common background.png that all script reference so that the scripts can seamlessly blend with whatever skin is used. of course, the script writer & user can manually change this and also add additional images to enhance the look 'n feel of the screens.

2) to assist in accomplishing #1 and also for the sake of organization, i'd like to see each script have it's own folder and keep all related files within that folder (temp files, additional images, etc)

3) standardized headers for each script that an automated process (xbmc native code or another script, or human) could read and get all the needed info about the script like... version #, author, compatibility info (requires x to run), file list for script, and so forth.

these are only suggested items to standardize and do not layout the exact standardization. this would need to be decided by the community but i think implimenting these, and other, standards would make script integration, tracking, etc much better for all involved.

thoughts?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
also some guidelines and generic code for:

- supporting different screen resolutions;
- basic directory structure to avoid overwriten files between different scripts;
- framework for user interface

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Idea : script writers please read...0