Downgrade Xmbc to nighty built
Sorry if this has been anwser. l am trying to install the lastest nighty build from 10.09 to 10.07 and trying putting as l try to install it hangs and does not install.

root@< your ATV2 IP address >’s password: ”enter your password here, it should be “alpine” if you haven’t changed it”

3) Make update on the AppleTV:$ apt-get update
$ apt-get -f install

4) Download the latest beta nightly build of XBMC
$ wget http://xctechs.info/files/latest_atv2.deb

5) Install the XBMC you just downloaded
$ dpkg -i latest_atv2.deb (then hit enter and wait until its done)
These are the steps l have taken then it froze.

any help wuld be great.
Sib2003 Wrote:Sorry if this has been anwser. l am trying to install the lastest nighty build from 10.09 to 10.07 and trying putting as l try to install it hangs and does not install.

If you mean that you currently have 10.07, and you wish to upgrade to the latest 10.09 nightly, then you should run ' apt-get update && apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2' to install the stable build, then proceed to update to the nightly.

Failing that, remove 10.07 'apt-get remove org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2', then run the above to reinstall.

If this is not what you mean, then please explain futher
Right now I have 10.09 and trying in install the nighty built or do l have latest. It just froze in shh of putty.
Sib2003 Wrote:Right now I have 10.09 and trying in install the nighty built or do l have latest. It just froze in shh of putty.

What version of ios do you have on atv?
Just Jb with seasonon so it have be the newest 4.3.
You have to manually type:

rm -r /Applications/XBMC.frappliance

before installing the .deb file. 4.3 with seasonpass broke the rm command in the installation.
So in order to the lastest nighty built I have to enter that line before get aptupdate or after before I install. In what order do I have to this. Thanks so far.
Sib2003 Wrote:So in order to the lastest nighty built I have to enter that line before get aptupdate or after before I install. In what order do I have to this. Thanks so far.

before the dpkg -i line, or earlier, doesn't matter.
That URL for the new nightlies is wrong. Use http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/darwin/atv2/
and pick the most recent date.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Downgrade Xmbc to nighty built0