HDMI audio in IOS, but noise in XBMC
Question 
I have my ATV2 hooked up to my Denon 2310 amp with HDMI.
When using the normal ATV2 features in IOS I have audio. The reciever detects a PCM signal in stereo.
When using XBMC there is no audio while navigating through menus and such and when I play a movie the reciever outputs a digital noise.
It's like the amp think it's recieving an analog signal.

I have set XBMC audio settings to "HDMI", 5.1, DTS and dolby digital reciever enabled.

Anyone with any ideas of what could be my problem?

br
//Erik
javis Wrote:I have my ATV2 hooked up to my Denon 2310 amp with HDMI.
When using the normal ATV2 features in IOS I have audio. The reciever detects a PCM signal in stereo.
When using XBMC there is no audio while navigating through menus and such and when I play a movie the reciever outputs a digital noise.
It's like the amp think it's recieving an analog signal.

I have set XBMC audio settings to "HDMI", 5.1, DTS and dolby digital reciever enabled.

Anyone with any ideas of what could be my problem?

br
//Erik

Have you tried this:

Apple TV > Settings > Audio & Video > Audio Output and set to '16 bit'.

meaning, go to the settings on the ATV2 normal menu and select audio output 16 bit.. i had a problem that sounds similiar to yours and this fixed it for me
Oh and by the way, im pretty sure navigation sounds inside XBMC isnt working yet so there is probably no fix for that right now, i might be wrong tho..
mashtar Wrote:Have you tried this:

meaning, go to the settings on the ATV2 normal menu and select audio output 16 bit.. i had a problem that sounds similiar to yours and this fixed it for me
Oh and by the way, im pretty sure navigation sounds inside XBMC isnt working yet so there is probably no fix for that right now, i might be wrong tho..

correct on both counts.
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
Awesome! That fixed it.

Thanks a lot!
Thumbs Up 
mashtar Wrote:Have you tried this:

This was exactly what I was looking for. I spent two hours adjusting audio settings and fiddling with settings before stumbling on this thread. I almost started a new thread. Thank you so much for this, I believe that this thread should be stickied or at least instructions for the basic install. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I thought I would have to settle for DTS Neo6.... Phew.
TJungus Wrote:I believe that this thread should be stickied or at least instructions for the basic install.

It's in the FAQ.
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI audio in IOS, but noise in XBMC0