Giada Cube N3 emulation problems
EDIT: It looks like I was using an outdated version of FCEUX... I didn't have the folder labeled with a version, but I could've sworn I downloaded it around 6 months ago. Anyway, version 2.1.5 (released in June of this year) is working great for me.

I've been trying to use Advanced Launcher to launch games in FCEUX from within XBMC. Works great, except for one problem: the emulator is incredibly slow. Games will usually run fine for a couple minutes, then the audio gets really choppy and the game becomes unplayable (maybe 5 fps). I've checked CPU usage and it's never above 25% total (usually 10-12% XBMC and up to 10% for FCEUX).

Here are my system components:
  • Giada Cube N3-D2WB (Nvidia ION)
  • Patriot Signature 4GB DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) laptop memory
  • Kingston SSDNow V Series SNV125-S2 30GB SSD
  • Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Some other notes:
  • Using HDMI audio
  • All videos play fine (including sound thru HDMI)
  • JNES plays without these issues but doesn't support command-line args, so can't use that.
  • Installed latest drivers, same result
  • Tried tons of video/audio setting combinations in FCEUX

I was thinking it had something to do with the audio drivers, but I tried plugging in some headphones and had the same result, so I'm not sure what else to try.

Does anyone know of any issues with this hardware and/or the drivers? If something is going to prevent me from emulating games, is there a potentially cheap work-around? I'd like to see if anyone with a Cube N3 is successfully emulating games, and if so, what driver version(s), OS, etc you're using.

Thanks!
-t
This problem occurs : only when you are running XBMC and FCEUX at the same time? or also occurs when you are running FCEUX as stand alone?
I am having a similar issue with FCEUX. The advanced launcher does start the emulator, but its not started above the XBMC window. I have to ALT+TAB to get back to the Windows environment where the emulator has loaded the game in a very small window. Not sure if I am doing something wrong.
jamesr316 Wrote:I am having a similar issue with FCEUX. The advanced launcher does start the emulator, but its not started above the XBMC window. I have to ALT+TAB to get back to the Windows environment where the emulator has loaded the game in a very small window. Not sure if I am doing something wrong.
To automaticaly start the FCEUX emulator in the right fullscreen mode you have to go into FCEUX GUI into the Config / Video menu. Here :
  • Check enter fullscreen mode after game is loaded box.
  • Select Custom as Video Mode.
Into Custom Video mode zone :
  • Define the resolution of your screen (for example 800x600)
  • Select 32 bpp to have full color support.
  • and check Stretch to Fill Screen option.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Giada Cube N3 emulation problems0