Adding File Subtitle support on UPNP
Hi,

is there any chance that XBMC could support subtitle on UPNP?

for example, TwonkyMediaServer and Lacie Digital Media Players add two special attributes pvConfusedubtitleFileType and pvConfusedubtitleFileUri to the DIDL-Lite:res resource element, where pvConfusedubtitleFileUri points to a subtitle found on the same folder as the video, with the same name. These servers and many others provide a random uid name for the file and therefore the client can not make a match between video and subtitle file.

Couldn't this information be used on xbmc in order to provide automatic subtitles for videos?

Since I'm new on the forum, sorry if this has already been posted. I did a little research before, but didn't find anything related to this matter.

Regards,

Nuno
This "subtitle feature" exists in samsung TVs/BluRay Players/Cell Phones too.

I faced the same problem. My Samsung LED TV can show anything with external subtitles, the xbmc box cant. I tried differents media servers (serviio, xbmc, samsung all share) everything worked perfectly on the TV.

I changed the DNLA Profile in serviio for the xbmc box to see if it could show subtitles, no go.

Now I need to use SMB to watch some animes and DLNA to play music. I can control my entire house using DNLA, in a single click I can see a picture taken on my phone on any TV in my house, same for music and videos.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding File Subtitle support on UPNP0