• 3(current)
.mkv stuttering playback??
therrookiee Wrote:do you still want my debug log?

No, not unless the problem recurs. I'll have a play with the settings you mention on my system and see if I can reproduce the problem.

JR
I haven't read through this thread. But I also have stuttering on mkv in Eden where it worked perfectly in Dharma.
therrookiee Wrote:someone know why i have this issues?
congrate! it'll not happen again if the settings remain the same.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
mindweaver Wrote:I haven't read through this thread. But I also have stuttering on mkv in Eden where it worked perfectly in Dharma.

if you have ati or nvidia graphic card, go to video settings>video playback in control center and set it to enforce smooth video playback. do these in xbmc: system>settings>video>playback (select allow hardware acceleration (dxva2), adjust display refresh rate to match video and sync playback to display) and system>settings>system>video output (select full screen for display model and select same resolution as adjusted in graphic card control center). for audio in xbmc, do these: system>settings>system>audio output (select proper audio output to match your htpc output connection).
Hi,

bluray, thank you for your detailed description of how to set the options in xbmc :-)

I'm running XBMC nightly build (27.08.2011) on Xtreamer Ultra with Aeon MQ3 skin and have the same problem as therrookiee. So this kind of mini-stuttering, every some minutes the video stutter for a mini part of a second and then goes on.

I followed your advice, but have some questions left.

1. Xtreamer uses NVidia ION, but I don't have an option in the control center like "enforce smooth video playback" as you described. Is that maybe only for ATI cards?

2. In system>settings>video>playback how to set Render Method? There is Auto detect, DXVA, Pixel Shaders or Software. I set it to DXVA, but is this the best option?

3. In system>settings>video>playback how to set the option "Pause during refresh rate change"? There is Off or an amount of seconds between 0..20 sec. I set it to Off.

Any hint Big Grin
ok, here i am again Blush

with SYNC PLAYBACK TO DISPLAY : VIDEO CLOCK (DROP/DUPE AUDIO)
i have some audio bugs, so this isnt the best option for me..

i have a debug log, if someone competent can check it out ill be very pleased..

debug is created with a new installation of last nightly xbmc build with original skin and settings.
I've just enabled DXVA.

Code:
19:44:05 T:2432  NOTICE: -----------------------------------------------------------------------
19:44:05 T:2432  NOTICE: Starting XBMC, Platform: Windows 7, 64-bit (WoW) Service Pack 1 build 7601. Built on Aug 28 2011 (Git:20110827-639950e, compiler 1600)
19:44:05 T:2432  NOTICE: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+
19:44:05 T:2432  NOTICE: Desktop Resolution: 1920x1080 32Bit at 60Hz
19:44:05 T:2432  NOTICE: Running with restricted rights
19:44:05 T:2432  NOTICE: Aero is enabled
19:44:05 T:2432  NOTICE: special://xbmc/ is mapped to: C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC
19:44:05 T:2432  NOTICE: special://xbmcbin/ is mapped to: C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC
19:44:05 T:2432  NOTICE: special://masterprofile/ is mapped to: C:\Users\YellowMellon\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata
19:44:05 T:2432  NOTICE: special://home/ is mapped to: C:\Users\YellowMellon\AppData\Roaming\XBMC
19:44:05 T:2432  NOTICE: special://temp/ is mapped to: C:\Users\YellowMellon\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\cache
19:44:05 T:2432  NOTICE: The executable running is: C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe
19:44:05 T:2432  NOTICE: Log File is located: C:\Users\YellowMellon\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\xbmc.log
19:44:05 T:2432  NOTICE: -----------------------------------------------------------------------
19:44:05 T:2432  NOTICE: Setup SDL
19:44:05 T:2432  NOTICE: Found screen: Generic PnP Monitor on AMD Radeon HD 6570, adapter 0.
19:44:05 T:2432  NOTICE: Primary mode: 1920x1080 @ 60.00 - Full Screen

please check the link, i cant paste it here beceause its too long..
- (you can probably find "avatar" and start from there?)

LINK to PASTEBIN

edit : i dont know if this is all what you need, I've stopped the debugging after a few minutes watching Avatar movie with maybe 3 'mini' stutt. or frame drops or whatever.

THANK YOU
catweazle71 Wrote:I followed your advice, but have some questions left.

1. Xtreamer uses NVidia ION, but I don't have an option in the control center like "enforce smooth video playback" as you described. Is that maybe only for ATI cards?
yes, the "enforce smooth video playback" is available with ati hd catalyst control center only. as long as you install the latest nvidia control panel center, you should be fine.

catweazle71 Wrote:2. In system>settings>video>playback how to set Render Method? There is Auto detect, DXVA, Pixel Shaders or Software. I set it to DXVA, but is this the best option?
3. In system>settings>video>playback how to set the option "Pause during refresh rate change"? There is Off or an amount of seconds between 0..20 sec. I set it to Off.
Any hint Big Grin
for question #2&3, see photos below:

I see the same here, every now and then a see en minor stuttering.
i check the number of frame drops they are : 0
i see it on MKV 1080p or 720p

Geforce GT 520
Pre eden
XBMCSetup-20110827-639950e-master

But i have noticed it in the last few builds.

i`ll try to change the settings as described.
Hi,

the settings from bluray seems to work for me. Have seen movie Thor in 1080p without stuttering :-)))

Unfortunately now I recognizes another problem not seen before settings changes Confused If I open the info screen while running a video, the infos don't fit into my screen. I have a 1920x1080 display and everything in xbmc and Win7 is configured in this way.

Has anyone an ideaHuh

When I'm choosing an image size correction function of my TV (Samsung, in german it is called "Bildanpassung"), the info screen fits again. But I like to use standard 16:9 format.
catweazle71 Wrote:Hi,

the settings from bluray seems to work for me. Have seen movie Thor in 1080p without stuttering :-)))

Unfortunately now I recognizes another problem not seen before settings changes Confused If I open the info screen while running a video, the infos don't fit into my screen. I have a 1920x1080 display and everything in xbmc and Win7 is configured in this way.

Has anyone an ideaHuh

When I'm choosing an image size correction function of my TV (Samsung, in german it is called "Bildanpassung"), the info screen fits again. But I like to use standard 16:9 format.
have you calibrate your screen in xbmc settings>system>video output>calibration
Thanks for your input guys. I am as well having an issue with some HD playback. .M4V files only. really jumpy.

Today I installed pre-eden from two days ago with Aeon MQ3. Seems to be issues ever since. I tried doing the hardware acceleration options above with no results as of yet. i would love some help.
bluray Wrote:have you calibrate your screen in xbmc settings>system>video output>calibration

Yep I did. The strange thing is that also Win7 desktop is oversized. What I did not yet is to calibrate screen size via nvidia control center. Some people wrote this in the forum. But that doesn't make a sense. Why should I calibrate a 1920x1080 output to a 1920x1080 screenHuh
catweazle71 Wrote:Yep I did. The strange thing is that also Win7 desktop is oversized. What I did not yet is to calibrate screen size via nvidia control center. Some people wrote this in the forum. But that doesn't make a sense. Why should I calibrate a 1920x1080 output to a 1920x1080 screenHuh

LINK HERE

check out 1st post
Thanks for the advice, therrookiee. I mentioned this function in my post #39, too. And yes, it works. But nevertheless it is strange why xbmc main menu is ok, but Win7 desktop and xbmc in-movie info screen is notHuh

Further tries I start tomorrow. Now it's too late ;-)
catweazle71 Wrote:Yep I did. The strange thing is that also Win7 desktop is oversized. What I did not yet is to calibrate screen size via nvidia control center. Some people wrote this in the forum. But that doesn't make a sense. Why should I calibrate a 1920x1080 output to a 1920x1080 screenHuh
1920x1080 might not be your true fullscreen. to fit the current stage of your hdtv screen with your htpc settings is to adjust screen size in nvidia control panel center.

if you use avr, please set it to passthrough. video is best for htpc and hdtv to handle it. if you haven't install the latest nvidia control panel center, you can download it from here- NVIDIA Driver Downloads and adjust sreen size afterward.

do these in xbmc: system>settings>video>playback (select allow hardware acceleration (dxva2), adjust display refresh rate to match video and sync playback to display) and system>settings>system>video output (select full screen for display mode, select same resolution as adjusted in graphic card control center and enable "use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen").

make sure that you properly calibrate your screen in xbmc settings>system>video output>calibration

• 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
.mkv stuttering playback??0