• 4(current)
.mkv stuttering playback??
catweazle71 Wrote:Yep I did. The strange thing is that also Win7 desktop is oversized. What I did not yet is to calibrate screen size via nvidia control center. Some people wrote this in the forum. But that doesn't make a sense. Why should I calibrate a 1920x1080 output to a 1920x1080 screenHuh

Because a lot of TVs have overscan and you need to compensate for that by calibrating either in your OS using the graphic card drivers and/or in xbmc.

http://hd.engadget.com/2010/05/27/hd-101...tvs-do-it/
We can discuss settings all we want. What has to be done is figuring out the problem. XBMC should play mkv videos smoothly without tampering with the settings. Since it works perfectly in Dharma with only DXVA option, it should work the same and even better i Eden. It shouldn't get worse.

That's my opinion.
Render method.....................................Auto detect
Allow hardware accelaration (DXVA2).......On
Adjust refresh rate to match video..........On
Sync playback to display.......................On
A/V sync method..................................Video clock (resample audio)

now i have these settings. everything seems to work fine.
but i was watching a movie and then the video freezes and sound kept on running until after x sec. the result was a crash.......... :-(
Doebe Wrote:Render method.....................................Auto detect
Allow hardware accelaration (DXVA2).......On
Adjust refresh rate to match video..........On
Sync playback to display.......................On
A/V sync method..................................Video clock (resample audio)

now i have these settings. everything seems to work fine.
but i was watching a movie and then the video freezes and sound kept on running until after x sec. the result was a crash.......... :-(
you can turn on debug and paste it with this- pastebin
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
mindweaver Wrote:We can discuss settings all we want. What has to be done is figuring out the problem. XBMC should play mkv videos smoothly without tampering with the settings. Since it works perfectly in Dharma with only DXVA option, it should work the same and even better i Eden. It shouldn't get worse.

That's my opinion.
each htpc is different in so many different ways. you'll have ot setup xbmc to match your htpc hardwares and softwares to make it playback properly and smoothly.
mindweaver Wrote:We can discuss settings all we want. What has to be done is figuring out the problem. XBMC should play mkv videos smoothly without tampering with the settings. Since it works perfectly in Dharma with only DXVA option, it should work the same and even better i Eden. It shouldn't get worse.

That's my opinion.

bluray Wrote:each htpc is different in so many different ways. you'll have ot setup xbmc to match your htpc hardwares and softwares to make it playback properly and smoothly.

Yes but the problem is the same HTPC with a nightly XBMC is not giving the same results as the same HTPC with Dharma.

I get it as well and it's not confined to MKV's - all video files skip using a nightly no matter settings I play around with whereas using Dharma it's perfect.

Same HTPC, different XBMC's.
Hitcher,
I have sluttering playbay using nightly with vrmb's and flc's video files too.
With Dharma they work fine.
The weird thing is XBMC doesn't register it as skipped frames yet that exactly what it looks like.
I thought I had it fixed on mine, still getting "laggy" playback of MKV files with DTS audio, speed up and slow down of video when trying to watch .mkv 720p videos with DTS audio.. Any ideas?
I am using 31-Aug-2011 10:27 and I have no lag on anything. I am using cpu power but I did try dxva2 and plays fine too....

The newest one is 06-Sep-2011 10:28 I wonder if I should try it......or wait.
Heres my debug I am assuming this is where all my problems are coming from? I think its doing this didnt consume the full packet crap when the vid lags out.

17:50:37 T:4148 M:3136544768 WARNING: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg:Big Grinecode - avcodec_decode_video didn't consume the full packet. size: 54666, consumed: 0

http://pastebin.com/apcTGqF9
Anyone?
What really burns me is I installed the appropriate codecs to play .mkv files in windows media player and they play smooth as silk. In xbmc its jerky and laggy. I just don't get it! This is frustrating! :confused2:
Have a look here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=109735 looks like devs are aware and trying to provide a fix.
nbraybrook Wrote:What really burns me is I installed the appropriate codecs to play .mkv files in windows media player and they play smooth as silk. In xbmc its jerky and laggy. I just don't get it! This is frustrating! :confused2:
if you run out of option, you can try this- blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
.mkv stuttering playback??0