• 42(current)
[Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon
How can I search? Why is there no search function for VEVO?

Also, I installed the repo but when I go to install from the repo, I see nothing in the music add-ons.

I'm running osmc
Does anyone else have an issue with videos buffering quite a bit with this add-on? I've downgraded the bit rate quite substantially and it helps very, very little. Still get buffering when downgraded to SD quality.

If I play the exact same Vevo video in the Kodi YouTube app in HD, it plays flawlessly.

Is this an issue with the add-on or the VEVO site itself?
(2015-12-10, 18:33)lowridin_guy Wrote: Does anyone else have an issue with videos buffering quite a bit with this add-on? I've downgraded the bit rate quite substantially and it helps very, very little. Still get buffering when downgraded to SD quality.

If I play the exact same Vevo video in the Kodi YouTube app in HD, it plays flawlessly.

Please provide the name and version of the VEVO addon you are using, there are several in circulation. A debug log would be useful as well Debug-log (wiki)
I am using the VEVO add-on which is located in the official Kodi repository. I assumed it was this one. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks!
(2015-12-10, 18:51)lowridin_guy Wrote: I am using the VEVO add-on which is located in the official Kodi repository. I assumed it was this one. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks!

Ok. That's the one I'm responsible for so I may be able to help. To help, I'll need to have a debug log Debug-log (wiki), please post the log to xbmclogs.com or pastebin.com. It would also help to know where in the world you are are what your internet speed is - you can PM me if you don't want to share publicly.
I'm trying to lock my videos down to 720 or anything other than 1080 so i can get VEVO to work on the raspberry official touchscreen. Video's still say 1080 and wont play Sad Any suggestions?
Video 
(2015-12-10, 18:33)lowridin_guy Wrote: Does anyone else have an issue with videos buffering quite a bit with this add-on? I've downgraded the bit rate quite substantially and it helps very, very little. Still get buffering when downgraded to SD quality.

Hi, I have the same issue: even changing <cachemembuffersize> to 0 (that means cache on SD card) and <readbufferfactor> set to 50 helps just a little. It still stops playing and starts buffering after app. 20 seconds. All other 1080p movies work very well so it's not a matter of the internet connection speed.

So any idea to really solve this ? Thanks!

Kodi running on Raspi 2 with 32G memory and OS Openelec
I no longer can use Vevo as i get HTTP Error 500 internal server error message any advice would be greatly appreciated thank you very much
Same here - It used to work before but now it stopped working gives me a same error
Same here, HTTP Error 500 internal server error ~ that is with Vevo version 0.8.2. There is also a version 2.0.12 floating about that appears current but I believe to be superseded. Any help would be welcome ~ I am running Kodi 14.0.
(2016-05-14, 20:48)PSYCHOUT Wrote: Same here, HTTP Error 500 internal server error ~ that is with Vevo version 0.8.2. There is also a version 2.0.12 floating about that appears current but I believe to be superseded. Any help would be welcome ~ I am running Kodi 14.0.

You can try this: Open file default.py in folder plugin.video.vevo and change urls

http://videoplayer.vevo.com/VideoService/AuthenticateVideo?isrc=%s

to

http://api.vevo.com/VideoService/AuthenticateVideo?isrc=%s

It's not perfect, but now I can see some videos.

Greetings
Thanks so much calimocho ~ your fix works a treat!
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon7