• 20(current)
[Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon
dugan26: Use "Now Playing" http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Playlists

If you use Play or Play All then it will add them all to a playlist. You can skip around all you want in Now Playing.
thanks for the resonse @ bluecop... your awesome!
about a day later it just synced with my account and started showing my playlists. I think it just needed a day or two to sync up for some reason... like how you explained in your post. Thanks for all your work on this! loving all my playlists on there.. its awesome!

Josh
I commited an update to add a context item to search youtube for the artist name. This calls the youtube plugin to accomplish this.

It is named "YouTube" + the artist name. They are context items on the artist items and video items for any artists or featured artists in the video.

Let me know how you like it. I thought it worked well to access youtube videos.
BlueCop, the youtube option works like a charm... you got it again! Thanks for your effort!!

I think that you could go even one step further... let me explain; I imagine that you have coded the addon to compare the local artists database of each user with the one from vevo, and then to show only the artists that have vevo videos, showing between parentheses the number of vevo videos available. My suggestion is that you let all of the artists show in the list, even if they don't have any videos from vevo (in that case after the name would appear "(0)" to make clear that they don't have vevo videos; that way it could be possible to search youtube videos with your new context option even for those artists...

What do you think about it?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
@ bluecop
youtube artist works great, thanks for the great work
manfeed:The library artist match isn't run locally. We send a list and then get a list back. the results we get do not include artists with zero videos.

You can currently add artists with zero videos to the favorite list. You just have to do it through the artists list or search.

I was thinking of defaulting to youtube search for artists with zero videos on vevo and put "(YouTube)" instead of the video number to indicate. I would want a context item that would attempt to list the videos from vevo on those items though.
BlueCop your awesome -

Is there a way to only include HD video's ? Maybe on the Vevo site ?
dugan26: It isn't currently possible. We don't get a tag indicating if the video is HD or not in the lists.

We do get explicit and premiere booleans. I haven't really used them. I guess an explicit filter might be useful.

There is probably a parameter I could use to only get HD videos but I don't know about it yet.

Also I did a minor update(0.7.0) to fix a bug with special character encoding in some artists lists I introduced with the youtube search option.
i wish u do muzu add on aswell old one is dead Sad i love VEVO add-on keep up you hard work
nickshe89: i will look into it.

I think I might add cross search with yahoo music videos as well. It has a good amount of videos that vevo doesn't have. They are vp6/mp3 rather then h264/acc though. some I think are vp8/mp3 and dont' decode right with the current ffmpeg used in xbmc.

I think another good source is mtv.com. They don't carry UMG artists videos though because of a dispute a while back.

I would like to combine these sources somehow. Right now cross-search from vevo is the easiest.

the only thing muzu had that vevo does not is the UK Top Singles charts, were it lists all the videos in the Singles charts. Think it was Top 40 Singles.

MTV.com already has the videos for all top40 singles http://www.mtv.co.uk/music/charts/offici...gles-chart
but not vevo quality.

BBC also has the chart but no video or audio http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/singles

possible to match up the artists/songs and search them on vevo, then list then in chart order?
(2012-04-10, 21:00)BlueCop Wrote: nickshe89: i will look into it.

I think I might add cross search with yahoo music videos as well. It has a good amount of videos that vevo doesn't have. They are vp6/mp3 rather then h264/acc though. some I think are vp8/mp3 and dont' decode right with the current ffmpeg used in xbmc.

I think another good source is mtv.com. They don't carry UMG artists videos though because of a dispute a while back.

I would like to combine these sources somehow. Right now cross-search from vevo is the easiest.
Wow, that is even better.
You got so many brilliant ideas and made them come true.
(2012-04-10, 23:56)krish_2k4 Wrote: the only thing muzu had that vevo does not is the UK Top Singles charts, were it lists all the videos in the Singles charts. Think it was Top 40 Singles.

http://www.muzu.tv/gb/top-40-charts/ uk top 40
These are all billboard charts right?

I would probably try to source http://www.billboard.com/charts for the charts. They have the UK data available there.

It might be a pain to match the song to vevo. I will see what I can work out.

It might be useful to have code for finding a specific song by an artist on vevo.

It seems the data might be limited. I wouldn't expect this soonish because it is more complicated. The other features are pretty straight forward.
Yea that was just an after thought because someone mentioned muzu, the addon is already great the way it is, use it on a daily bases!

Would still like the option to scan the favourites into the music video library.
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon7