• 21(current)
[Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon
not worry about muzu.tv cos someone fix muzu.tv add on
Discovered this add-on yesterday. Gobsmacked.

Great plugin for a great streaming service.

Once again... Kudos, BlueCop!
I committed an update to add an RTMP streaming mode. This works better then HTTP. It starts immediately and doesn't need the unpause hack. It also allows skipping through the stream. I set this to the default mode. The quality options are the same as HTTP streaming. It doesn't support cache with RTMP streaming.

I defaulted to RTMP for streaming. It just works better and allows skipping. You have to disable it RTMP to use http caching.
(2012-04-28, 00:50)BlueCop Wrote: I committed an update to add an RTMP streaming mode. This works better then HTTP. It starts immediately and doesn't need the unpause hack. It also allows skipping through the stream. I set this to the default mode. The quality options are the same as HTTP streaming. It doesn't support cache with RTMP streaming.

I defaulted to RTMP for streaming. It just works better and allows skipping. You have to disable it RTMP to use http caching.

Excellent, RTMP seems to take much less time for buffering.
I forgot to mention. I included a rick roll mode. It always plays rick astley if turned on. I was going to make it a joke for april 1st but then got busy. It is just a setting your turn on and off.
(2012-04-28, 03:40)ailingcoot Wrote: Excellent, RTMP seems to take much less time for buffering.

+1; this mode runs way better than HTTP. Still, I'm glad the HTTP method is there as a backup - in the (hopefully!) unlikely case that they, say, put DRM on their flash streams! ;-)

Anyone else having XBMC freezes on viewing most 'Most Recent' videos under 'All Genres'?

Lol@RickRoll mode!!
Thanks for the hard work....great addon. I have version 0.7.1 installed on xbmcbuntu. Everything works well except for logging into my account. I keep getting the error, "facebook login failed". I have retyped the login and password several times in the settings, and verified that it matches my login both on facebook and vevo's website. I have enabled the token above the login in settings as well. Any thoughts as to why I'm getting this error?
I just jailbroke ATV 2 on the latest firmware and installing addons again. Vevo works but the facebook login doesn't. I have a playlist with vevo.com.
When I go to try to play my playlist in the addon, it says "facebook login failed"

Any idea?
Vevo has stopped working for me, for some reason. It was working fine a few days ago. Have tried on 2 diff atv, one is 4.4.4 and one os5.
may have something to do with location, am not in the USA. will put up a log file later, but if anyone else is having similar problems, would be good to know.
can access vevo menus, can see contents of 'premiere' and 'staff picks', but when i click the video it refuses to play.
using rtmp mode, with 4xxp resolution
(2012-05-28, 08:37)phish73 Wrote: if anyone else is having similar problems, would be good to know.
Exactly the same here. From germany...
(2012-05-28, 12:02)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:
(2012-05-28, 08:37)phish73 Wrote: if anyone else is having similar problems, would be good to know.
Exactly the same here. From germany...

+1 From Colombia
I am in the US and I am getting the same error message as jimjones. I made sure the token option was check and verified my Facebook login a bunch of times. Willing to post a log if that would help.
Also stopped working for me on all my xbmc installed devices, iMac, iPad, iPod Touch, Atv2, location" Spain
I guess they have started enforcing the geo-lock, which means can only watch within the USA. Only other option is to watch thru youtube or use a VPN. Real-debrid wont resolve vevo links like it does for hulu, at least as far as i have tried, maybe someone can figure out for sure.

(2012-06-01, 11:36)phish73 Wrote: I guess they have started enforcing the geo-lock, which means can only watch within the USA. Only other option is to watch thru youtube or use a VPN. Real-debrid wont resolve vevo links like it does for hulu, at least as far as i have tried, maybe someone can figure out for sure.

Indeed looks like this is the case.

As a workaround, use the 'Play from YouTube' Vevo addon setting: no geo-blocking on YouTube - yet ;-)

Note: I was getting freezes on my setup (Win32/Frodo Alpha 2) when playing videos in this manner - I had to open the YouTube plugin's settings and select a specific 'Max Video Quality' (other than 'Ask'); this resolved the freezes for me.

Quality isn't always as good as native Vevo videos, but it'll do for now!

@BC: Hope you're feeling a bit better, man!
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon7