• 31(current)
[Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon
Is this great add-on going to be updated to work with Gotham?? hope so cause I use this all the time Smile just been reading through forum. Just letting you know I am now on official BETA ver' of gotham and getting network errors. Previous nightlies worked fine
@mrhyde1969

I have to try out first the new xbmc gotham beta. I don't want to change each time their changes along their nightly periods so often. I'd like probably to wait for the final release. I hope you don't mind.

The add-on is available on github now.
// GitHub // Repository

// USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand) / World News Live / MRT Play
(2014-03-05, 18:13)moneymaker Wrote: @mrhyde1969

I have to try out first the new xbmc gotham beta. I don't want to change each time their changes along their nightly periods so often. I'd like probably to wait for the final release. I hope you don't mind.

The add-on is available on github now.

No don't mind at all knowing its going to be updated for the final is enough for me Smile , the latest ver of vevo doesn't work with the beta of gotham. Unfortionatly my XBMC keeps updating itself to the beta...
Hi, thanks a lot for this great plugin. i have one problem though..when i click on any video it doesn't play and tells me "one or more items failed to play. check the log file for details" or nothing happens. log file is here :http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=146980

if it's any help, i used to have the same issue with vevo videos playing on the youtube plugin, but i fixed that through replacing the YouTubePlayer.py into the add-on directory.
Anyone else having trouble getting moneymaker's repo? Can't access it at all....
(2014-03-10, 21:35)Comrade Wrote: Hi, thanks a lot for this great plugin. i have one problem though..when i click on any video it doesn't play and tells me "one or more items failed to play. check the log file for details" or nothing happens. log file is here :http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=146980

if it's any help, i used to have the same issue with vevo videos playing on the youtube plugin, but i fixed that through replacing the YouTubePlayer.py into the add-on directory.
I have the same issue. Is this plugin still being developed?
I think the current dev, moneymaker, is waiting for the final version of Gotham before he updates it. I'm using a Gotham beta and would love some sort of temporary fix......
I got this working in Gotham by first updating the following script modules for Gotham ie. script.module.beautifulsoup", script.module.demjson", script.module.mechanize

mainly by updating the python version ie.

<import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.1.0"/>

and then by editing line 328 of default.py in the Vevo plugin itself to make the artist variable passed to infoLabels a list:

infoLabels={ "Title":title,
"Artist": [ artist ],

etc
Fixed Plugin Video Vevo for work in Gotham Nightlies

Link for download:

http://www.files.xbmcbrasil.net/Scripts%...o.vevo.zip

Work fine, thanks nospamjl, for tips, tested with latest nightlies and work fine.

Remember first updating the following script modules for Gotham ie. "script.module.beautifulsoup", "script.module.demjson", "script.module.mechanize"

Here 3 modules unzip manually for addons folder

http://www.files.xbmcbrasil.net/Scripts%...orvevo.zip
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Awesome guys - thanks for the fix. For info, I don't have demjson or mechanize as script modules in my addon directory. beautifulsoup was already pointing to version 2.1.0 of python, so I just changed line 328 as above and worked great.

Thanks again - kids happy!
Upgrade message

Code:
version 0.7.7

* make the artist variable passed to infoLabels a list

Should be now working on Gotham.
// GitHub // Repository

Will this only work using python?
(2014-04-06, 12:32)mrhyde1969 Wrote: Will this only work using python?

What are you exactly talking about?
// GitHub // Repository

@moneymaker: your update has broken the plugin on Gotham. I made the changes as per my above post (which fixed it), but my system autoupdated (I have your repository) and I get a "Installation Failed" message. It has removed the previous version.
(2014-04-06, 12:37)moneymaker Wrote:
(2014-04-06, 12:32)mrhyde1969 Wrote: Will this only work using python?

What are you exactly talking about?

Sorry what I meant was do you have to make the manual changes to the script to get vevo working in Gotham or is there going to be an official update?
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon7