Strange resolution prob.
Question 
I have xbmc live on a hp machine.
When i start xbmc on my samsung le55b657 via reciver yamha with hdmi, max res. i can choose in system settings are 720p, but when i switch the hdmi to my small full hd screen and restart xbmc i get 1080p/60hz.
Then if i switch back the hdmi, without restaring, to the reciver i get 1080p/60 in system settings and to the samsung tv, and everything is perfect. Its a little bit annoying to switch screen everytime i restart my xbmclive computer, someone has a solution for this problem??

I use hdmi to reciver with both screens...
Preppens Wrote:I have xbmc live on a hp machine.
When i start xbmc on my samsung le55b657 via reciver yamha with hdmi, max res. i can choose in system settings are 720p, but when i switch the hdmi to my small full hd screen and restart xbmc i get 1080p/60hz.
Then if i switch back the hdmi, without restaring, to the reciver i get 1080p/60 in system settings and to the samsung tv, and everything is perfect. Its a little bit annoying to switch screen everytime i restart my xbmclive computer, someone has a solution for this problem??

I use hdmi to reciver with both screens...
if your receiver have option to set video passthrough, it is best to set it to passthrough video. video is best for htpc and hdtv to handle it, and receiver is best to handle just the audio. it's always best to disconnect and connect hdmi cables from htpc, avr and hdtv when everything is off. you can restart everything after hdmi cables are connected to all component.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Resolution availables are, if nothing has been changed in Xorg configuration, those returned by the television at Xorg startup.

I don't know what is Xorg receive when there is something between your computer and your television. It may be interesting to take a look at /var/log/Xorg.0.log file, you should find all resolution informations sent back to video driver.

There may be another thing to watch, I have an old samsung LCD television with 3 HDMI input but there's only one that is designed for a computer. When I plug the hdmi cable in the other 2 I only have non native resolutions.
Thanks for the answers!
I unpluged everything and reset. I tried to change hdmi port to the one named "HDMI3/DVI" i suppose thats the one for PC.
Still same result, but, i pluged in the hdmi from my xbmc machine directly to the tv...and....perfect! 1080p/60....very good.
Now, the strange part is i got a yamaha reciver with 4 hdmi ports...1 out ..i also got xbox 360 and a ownbuild gaming pc connected and its working perfectly with max resolution....i got 1 digital toslink input in the reciver that i use from my tv cause its build in dvb-c mpeg4 decoder so i dont need another digitalbox for tv. Samsung tvs that are older then 1,5 years dont have DTS encoder, so i dont get any sound when i connect my xbmc live computer to the tv. I know you can use samygo firmware to the tv so i can get dts trough put, but i dont have the time to hack my tvs firmware.....i there any way to set res. manuallly in a config file or somethimg??

btw....on my gameing pc i got win 7 ultimate x64...and in the sound settings it founds "samsung tv".....
here is the best way to connect all your component to get the best pq/aq- htpc/360/gamepc>avr>hdtv with 4 hdmi cables and set video output to passthrough in avr.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
its a matter what resolutions your yamaha reciever reports to Xorg via EDID. It might report wrong info or xorg does - for some reason - not use the reported modelines.
You can configure correct modelines in /etc/X11/xorg.conf
How do i get to "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"..?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange resolution prob.0