How to intergrate Hulu as seemless as possible.
Hi there,
The topic should have been how to intergrade Hulu as easy as possible, to late now..
Heh. Anyways.

This is the closest I got: seamlesshulu

I have updated and cleaned the guides to have fewer steps so everything is less cluttered.
The guides can be found inside the zip files now. Also it's Eden beta1 compatible.

History:
(Update 05/01-2021 - v.1.0: Started on a fresh Eden compatible version)
(Update 05/01-2021 - v.1.0: Migrated all the stuff to a proper web server with a domain name)

Best regards tuxen

- This can ofcause be done outside US to. You can find a guide here: gosub.dk <broken>
Fails to load HuluDesktop using provided EXE. Providing the AutoIt script would be useful as it's trying to load HuluDesktop using your Windows APPDATA location ( C:\Users\Martin\AppData\Local\HuluDesktop\HuluDesktop.exe )...
akuiraz Wrote:Fails to load HuluDesktop using provided EXE. Providing the AutoIt script would be useful as it's trying to load HuluDesktop using your Windows APPDATA location ( C:\Users\Martin\AppData\Local\HuluDesktop\HuluDesktop.exe )...

Just came to post this as well.
Oh.. Sorry did not think about that. I will post the script so you can change the username. This of cause requires you to install a program, change the script and compile it, so the todo list will require a few steps more.
But I also have an idea to change the method and in that way making it universal. Anyways I'll update the guide when I get home to include steps to make it work. BTW akuiraz; I switched from .AU3 to .AHK scripting.

Regards tuxen
There is a hulu addon now that works great.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Also... i was excited about a way to use hulu from a linux machine U_U
Ok.. The bug is fixed now, download the exe again from the guide or here : http://81.161.149.87:8080/hulu/shulu.exe

Regards tuxen
rflores2323 Wrote:There is a hulu addon now that works great.

Ok. I'll will check that out to, thanks for the info.
rflores2323 Wrote:There is a hulu addon now that works great.

It's not in the official repository so i seached the forum. Are you refering to this : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ulu+plugin ?
Because it does not look very straight forward, so I have not read the 54 pages. Pherhabs you could be kind enough to point me in the right direction.

Or maybe I'm just blind.. Heh.

Regards tuxen
@tuxen,

I think the one you want is in bluecop's repo:

http://code.google.com/p/bluecop-xbmc-repo/
Thanks, eriqjaffe..

Looks nice though I get errors freezing on waiting for datastream, if cancel that I can continue and choose a show, unfortunately it does not play anything i've tried. <sigh> I'll let it mature for a while and then try again, unless I need to configure something? Also of cause it feels scripted by nature, I like the HuluDesktop interface allthough it does not fit the theme of XBMC. But like I said before i'd like to try the XBMC script. (when it works)

Regards tuxen
Hi Tuxen, here are the steps to install the Hulu plugin on Windows:

THINGS TO DOWNLOAD:
* Latest RTMPDUMP package
* BlueCop's Add-On Repository

1.) Download and extract the latest RTMPDump package.

2.) Go to the folder XBMC is installed in (ex: C:\XBMC) and then navigate to "/system/players/dvdplayer" Overwrite 'librtmp.dll' with the updated librtmp.dll that comes in the RTMPDUMP package.

3.) Download and install BlueCop's add-on repo using XBMC's 'install add-on from zip' option.

4.) In XBMC, go to Settings > Add-ons > Get Add-ons and choose 'bluecop Add-on Repository.' You'll be able to get the Hulu plugin from there.
maruchan Wrote:Hi Tuxen, here are the steps to install the Hulu plugin on Windows:

THINGS TO DOWNLOAD:
* Latest RTMPDUMP package
* BlueCop's Add-On Repository

1.) Download and extract the latest RTMPDump package.

2.) Go to the folder XBMC is installed in (ex: C:\XBMC) and then navigate to "/system/players/dvdplayer" Overwrite 'librtmp.dll' with the updated librtmp.dll that comes in the RTMPDUMP package.

3.) Download and install BlueCop's add-on repo using XBMC's 'install add-on from zip' option.

4.) In XBMC, go to Settings > Add-ons > Get Add-ons and choose 'bluecop Add-on Repository.' You'll be able to get the Hulu plugin from there.

Ahh. That's why! Thank you.. Heh.

Regards tuxen
Works now. But I'll let it mature abit and use HuluDesktop for now. Habits grow deep.. Heh. However I prefer the backdrop over the one I found though, so I hope nobody mind that I stole it and scaled it to 720p : http://81.161.149.87:8080/hulu/hulub.jpg. (which is really the proper name)

The "Transparency" skin has a very weird bug though where it caches the old backdrop somewhere, so even though you replace the background file, it shows the old one. And even when you browse the folder for the new picture it loads as the old! (thumbnail resembles the old picture to) The old file is not even there, it just has the same name. I looked in the skin plugin folder and varius other places for the cached image with no luck. A peculiar bug indeed!

Regards tuxen.
tuxen Wrote:Works now. But I'll let it mature abit and use HuluDesktop for now. Habits grow deep.. Heh. However I prefer the backdrop over the one I found though, so I hope nobody mind that I stole it and scaled it to 720p : http://81.161.149.87:8080/hulu/hulub.jpg. (which is really the proper name)

The "Transparency" skin has a very weird bug though where it caches the old backdrop somewhere, so even though you replace the background file, it shows the old one. And even when you browse the folder for the new picture it loads as the old! (thumbnail resembles the old picture to) The old file is not even there, it just has the same name. I looked in the skin plugin folder and varius other places for the cached image with no luck. A peculiar bug indeed!

Regards tuxen.

Cached thumbnails are in the userdata folder under thumbnails I think. You would need to go through them all and remove the ones you do not want. And there are multiple ones in there, so removing one may not be the current numbered thumbnail.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to intergrate Hulu as seemless as possible.0