• 9(current)
Has anyone tried the new AirPlay commit on the nightly 8.26
Lagstorm Wrote:I got the following message:
DEBUG: AIRTUNES: Error setting up server socket on port 5000, try specifying a different port
So how should I proceed from here? I don't believe that there is another program using the port, but I'm not completely sure. How could I check it?

It sounds that something other is sitting on port 5000. Which plattform are you using. Depending on the plattform you should try to figure out which process is using port 5000 (netstat is your friend here). But if this is on atv2/ios - this would be very odd.

I'll investigate a solution (for airplay aswell) what could be a tactic when a port is already bound (something like fallback to a random other port).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
My problem is solved now. I had my Couchpotato setup in port 5000 and I remembered it was somewhere near 8080. Airtunes is working great now. Thanks for help.
problem is solved by changing ports and making them configurable via advancedsettings.xml in https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/6279...5563ddef98
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Memphiz Wrote:problem is solved by changing ports and making them configurable via advancedsettings.xml in https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/6279...5563ddef98

So just to confirm, if I'm reading that right, the default ports are now 36666 and 36667?
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
canadave Wrote:So just to confirm, if I'm reading that right, the default ports are now 36666 and 36667?

yeah thats it ... but user shouldn't care because noone would need to input these anywhere ... its handled automatically.
I'm not sure I'd call this a bug, but I wanted to mention it. If you're listening to music, and send some pictures to XBMC via AirPlay, music playback will quit when the AirPlay session is ended.
pecinko Wrote:Is it possible the other way around - to send music from XBMC to Zeppelin Air speakers?

+1

I think it's amazing that features keep appearing as if by magic (Memphiz is a magician). A server would complete the circle of confusion I have created around playing music at my house. My wife is kind of freaked out by the permuations of airplay from itunes/iphone, mpd, xbmc, and upnp servers.
pecinko Wrote:Is it possible the other way around - to send music from XBMC to Zeppelin Air speakers?

You can set this up on the OS level so that it captures all audio output from the XBMC application and sends it to an airplay/airtunes enabled device. I know AirFoil does this for Mac OS X and Windows.
Ned Scott Wrote:You can set this up on the OS level so that it captures all audio output from the XBMC application and sends it to an airplay/airtunes enabled device. I know AirFoil does this for Mac OS X and Windows.

Thanks for the tip however, I should probably need to switch somehow between music and movies output.

Doesn't matter, maybe it will be possible in the future.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

It could just be because I'm running the Unstable PPA, but I find that iTunes doesn't show XBMC as an available "speaker" for music, but my iPhone does. Both are on the same network with the XBMC machine.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but are other people are able to play music from iTunes to XBMC?
FoolsRun Wrote:It could just be because I'm running the Unstable PPA, but I find that iTunes doesn't show XBMC as an available "speaker" for music, but my iPhone does. Both are on the same network with the XBMC machine.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but are other people are able to play music from iTunes to XBMC?

turn off ip6 on Mac running itunes.
Fully disabling IPv6 doesn't appear to be possible anymore in MacOS 10.7 "Lion". Oh'well. Odd that it lets me send video but not audio, though.

Correction: Video from iTunes lets me choose XBMC as a target, but it errors out when trying to send.
FoolsRun Wrote:Fully disabling IPv6 doesn't appear to be possible anymore in MacOS 10.7 "Lion". Oh'well. Odd that it lets me send video but not audio, though.

Correction: Video from iTunes lets me choose XBMC as a target, but it errors out when trying to send.

It's not easy to disable IPv6 in Lion but it's possible. Editing the preferences.plist file as KoiDragons describes worked for me:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/320...0&tstart=0
I'll give that a shot. So this is a limitation of MacOS, not of XBMC? Odd that MacOS would try to communicate using IPv6 first when the device has announced itself with an IPv4 address.

EDIT: this worked to disable IPv6, but it didn't make iTunes-to-XBMC Airplay work. I still cannot see XBMC as an available "speaker" in iTunes while playing music. It appears while playing video, but when I try to send the video to XMBC, I get "an unknown error occurred (-50)".

Everything still works fine from my iPhone.

I don't plan to use AirPlay from my Mac much, so this isn't a huge deal, it'd just be nice to have around for that rare case.
What XBMC build are you running?
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Has anyone tried the new AirPlay commit on the nightly 8.260