• 2(current)
Has anyone tried the new AirPlay commit on the nightly 8.26
Memphiz Wrote:hey guess what ... i tried it Big Grin

Hey Memphiz,

About airplay; Has Airtunes (Audio) been merged to master as well?

Is this still a work in progress? https://github.com/Memphiz/xbmc/commits/airtunes/
canadave Wrote:Can you post the full log?

p.s. nice to see another eastern canuck....bluenoser by any chance? Smile

No need to post a log... it's working as designed (now that I understand what's been implemented so far thanks to Memphiz).

p.s. bluenoser/caper.
Is there any plans to have an option to stream videos from xbmc to another xbmc device through AirPlay?

For example if I'm watching a video on xbmc on my iPad and then I go into into a room with an appletv and xbmc and want to continue watching the video on the appletv without having to use the appletv remote.
Memphiz Wrote:jd2157: you did what? Play music from itunes? The XBMC even shouldn't appear in itunes. I haven't implemented the music part yet.

As of now - playback of videos and pictures from your iPhone/iPad/iDevice to XBMC is supported (even from youtube links). No music yet.

I don't get how you did it even showup on itunes ... or did you just stream to your atv2 directly?

First you have to activate the airplay option in XBMC under System->Network. After that in your video and picture apps the new airplay target XBMC@hostname will appear. This is the XBMC instance then and you can stream to it.

If you stream to your normal ATV2 target while XBMC is running - it will crash. Nothing i can do about that ever.

So since iTunes doesn't support streaming of video. For now the Airplay option is only usable via original iDevices - or by using third party software (i.e. airflick for mac osx - and i bet there are others for the other platforms aswell).

Memphiz: Thanks for the explanation, makes sense now (found it under System > Settings > Network > Allow XBMC to receive AirPlay content).

Ya, I just streamed to atv2 directly from iTunes (under OS X). I remember someone saying Airplay directly to atv2 with XBMC running was never going to work... but the explanation didn't clearly state the limitation that would prevent it permanently.

I guess it's time to upgrade the old iPhone 3G so I can get some Airplay action /w the atv2. I have Airflick 0.51 installed but it's not seeing the XBMC Airplay target, just the "Apple-TV" one (even after pushing the scan button). There's probably something else I need to enable to make it work... or Airflick needs updating.
erhnam Wrote:Hey Memphiz,

About airplay; Has Airtunes (Audio) been merged to master as well?

Is this still a work in progress? https://github.com/Memphiz/xbmc/commits/airtunes/

work in progress ... patience is the key to every feature...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Working well from iPad and iPhone. Thanks.

PS. What happens when you select Multiple Speakers and select both Apple TV & XBMC@appletv Wink kidding...
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Then XBMC would crash i guess - because the AppleTV it self trys to get the audio interface which XBMC already has. After a period the AppleTV watchdog will kill all processes for getting exclusive access then...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
moontan77 Wrote:Is there any plans to have an option to stream videos from xbmc to another xbmc device through AirPlay?

For example if I'm watching a video on xbmc on my iPad and then I go into into a room with an appletv and xbmc and want to continue watching the video on the appletv without having to use the appletv remote.

This wouldn't have anything to do with airplay then - because on both ends XBMC is involved (no need to rape the apple protocol then). So for such a feature we would do something on our own. As far as i know - there is no such thing planned ...
Works like a charm apart from a green line on some photos Smile
Memphiz Wrote:This wouldn't have anything to do with airplay then - because on both ends XBMC is involved (no need to rape the apple protocol then). So for such a feature we would do something on our own. As far as i know - there is no such thing planned ...

+1 to this idea. The iPad's limited airplay streaming for non-jailbroken devices is really bad. XBMC allows more functionality for iPad (duh), but more importantly I love the idea of XBMC's own airplay system... Plugins that offer such things need VLC, (MultiRoom Audio) and most of the plugins do not work any longer.

Smile
About half way to the system menu freezes me up. I'm using a logitech Harmony one remote.
tdhz77 Wrote:About half way to the system menu freezes me up. I'm using a logitech Harmony one remote.

need the logile ... first link in my sig...
Memphiz Wrote:need the logile ... first link in my sig...

I updated to xbmc-20110827-639950e-master-atv2.deb from

xbmc-20110827-702ed8c-master-atv2.deb

Removed atv2 package
Deleted UserData folder

Now everything works Smile
Great feature! Used it all afternoon with no issues!
Work really well for me. Even plays things the apple implementation won't without complaining about HDCP.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Has anyone tried the new AirPlay commit on the nightly 8.260