• 3(current)
Has anyone tried the new AirPlay commit on the nightly 8.26
Do certain applications have some sort of authentication that makes it impossible for xbmc to play? Eg, HBO Go? I get the airplay *SELECT AppleTV, but it Errors out and I get a "Playback failed" error.
xbmc.log would tell us what is wrong with hbo go...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
is it possible to change the xbmc@xbmc name ?

or am i being a little b*tch Wink
biatch... Wink well not completly ... the part after the @ is the hostname of the system which is running xbmc ... so this is changeable outside of xbmc of course...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Memphiz Wrote:its for osx and ios and linux ... so if you don't use windows -
Sorry for the potentially silly question but what's the reason this is not available for Windows? I thought this was based off AirPlayer (which runs ok under Windows), is it using some lib that's not available under Windows?

I did a search, including your commits but could not find the reason behind the lack of Windows support.

Thanks!
no zeroconf/bonjour support on windows yet ... and libplist which is used by AirPlay isn't ported to windows yet also ...
Memphiz Wrote:no zeroconf/bonjour support on windows yet ... and libplist which is used by AirPlay isn't ported to windows yet also ...
Thanks.

Is anyone working on the above or are they reliant on third-party libs making ports available?

Are you using Avahi for zeroconf/bonjour for non windows platforms? If so this 4 year old ticket does not give much hope of seeing a windows port anytime soon http://www.avahi.org/ticket/123.

Might have to switch to linux
Any chance this will work with the sling player iPad or iPhone app? i know AirTunes isn't happening yet but any ideas why Sling player won't work?
since slingplayer costs about 24 euro ... i won't try it - and i can't tell you because of that ...

but you could tell how exactly it behaves ... and if you would help more ... a wireshark network traffic capture would clear things up...
thanks for the work. just an fyi, im sure you've seen this, but the newest release of crystalbuntu on atv1 has airplay support, i can remotely play audio and video perfectly from itunes on my win7 laptop.
Shocked I wasn't even aware that AirPlay had been implemented until just now and it works brilliantly! Just as well as natively on ATV2 from iPhone. I literally have no need for iOS on my ATV2 now.

What would be extra nice is if pinch to zoom and orientation worked, but that doesn't even work in native airplay so I might be looking too far ahead there! Wink
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
We can't do something which isn't working in the original. Basically we have to copy the protocol from Apple - and it doesn't have this feature ...
Yeah I was assuming this, I am sort of surprised Apple didn't do it in the first place to be honest. Great work on it though!
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
is there a way to change the airplay name ?

advancedsettings or something Smile)))
nope ... its XBMC@Hostname ... so you could change the Hostname part - outside of XBMC ...
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Has anyone tried the new AirPlay commit on the nightly 8.260