• 3(current)
XBMC Slim-2100
CpTHOOK Wrote:Okay this is what I'll do. I will post a small video and show you my results when advancing frames if this issue is that important to you. This may or may not reassure you but at least you can say you've seen the 6570 in action...:osort of! Would post 2nite but unRAID does monthly parity check inna bout 5min... But I will try to have it by 2morrow this time, i'm sure you can hold off on buying till' then....Nojunkie' just like me!!lol

...also, if there is anything other featues about the card you wish to see then let me know

Nice Sir! yes with DXVA2 enabled just Forward and Reverse really quick and also slow.... that is the only thing that bothers me with my GT430.... everything else plays fine. Confused

And maybe let's have a 40 and watch a vid....
Mickey's??
CpTHOOK Wrote:Mickey's??

You know it hommie.... Image
Ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Awe man....looks frosty, fresh out the fridge!! i know what I'm grabbing for when i get home..

hey... have you done a manual parity check on your unRAID rig yet??
Well....here you go Boss. Hope this is enough for you to make a decision!!

HIS RadeonHD 6570 in action..
Yo! that video is so sweet. Makes me thirsty. Your set-up is sweet man. I really dig your rig and that GPU.... now I might go with ATI. Thanx for the video and the shout outs.... Smile and my favorite brew.

Cheers!
Beer40oz Wrote:It would be great if someone knows for sure if I will not get that macroblocking issue with a ATI card.

Also noticed that bluray posted this card on another thread....
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6814102882
a 5450

and this 6450 looks interesting too...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6814102933

But I am clueless of what they can do.
sorry beer for taking me a while to show up in here. i installed the hd5450 on my previous system, hd6450 on my friend htpc and the hd5570 on my less than powerful hptc. they all works fine. i highly recomend the card that cpthook installed. the 2gb version is $5 more- HIS H657HS2G Radeon HD 6570 2GB.

i own both ati and nvidia cards, and i preferred ati catalyst over nvidia control panel. here is info on at catalyst- ATI Catalyst Tweak Guide
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
CpTHOOK Wrote:Well....here you go Boss. Hope this is enough for you to make a decision!!

HIS RadeonHD 6570 in action..
it's a nice video of hd6570 in action. i preferred red wine over the beer in the video though.
Wow...that red wine wil do just fine as well!

@Beer, glad you enjoyed the video. Eskro was concerned about the few frame drops prior to 2-10sec advances. I explained that was due to refresh rate change from 60Hz to 24Hz when starting video. No frame drops if you turn off refresh match option.
No frame drops that is nice to hear.... I really never use the refresh match option at all.

But the BIG question is will the HIS RadeonHD 6570 play flawless on my system with DXVA2 enabled like yours.....

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2GHz
Mobo: ASRock 880GM-LE AM3
Memory: Crucial 4GB 1333

Since yours is Intel.... I am wondering... it should. But what I don't understand why the GT430 macro's when forward or reverse....

I am ready to get this on Saturday....
Beer40oz Wrote:No frame drops that is nice to hear.... I really never use the refresh match option at all.

But the BIG question is will the HIS RadeonHD 6570 play flawless on my system with DXVA2 enabled like yours.....

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2GHz
Mobo: ASRock 880GM-LE AM3
Memory: Crucial 4GB 1333

Since yours is Intel.... I am wondering... it should. But what I don't understand why the GT430 macro's when forward or reverse....

I am ready to get this on Saturday....
you have a powerful amd cpu. it should do very well with hd6570.

i playback thor bd iso with my less than powerful intel core 2 duo e7200 and hd5570. i don't see any macro when forward and reverse....
Beer40oz Wrote:No frame drops that is nice to hear.... I really never use the refresh match option at all.

me neither
CpTHOOK Wrote:As far as heat... HIS fanless got pretty high...around 85c when doing 15min MSI Kombuster GPU burn-in. Idle = 42c Load W/1080P Vid = 65c W/DXVA2 enabled!!

Mmmmm well since I have this card now.

Idle is about 65C to 70C
1080P Vid= 80-85C

Wonder why I am getting higher reading... and for a fact I know my case has better airflow then yours Hook.... you don't even have a fan blowing air in your case and I do. Or do you? Wink
Beer40oz Wrote:Mmmmm well since I have this card now.

Idle is about 65C to 70C
1080P Vid= 80-85C

Wonder why I am getting higher reading... and for a fact I know my case has better airflow then yours Hook.... you don't even have a fan blowing air in your case and I do. Or do you? Wink

Only the intake fan but that's it!! You saw from my vid for you that my idle temps are only 45c. .. Load...67c
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Slim-21000