Bigger font???
I love Neon and have been using it since its beta release. The main issue I have is that the font is too small especially in the plot, music, etc summary screens. When I switch to another skin like the original Aeon, the font size is larger and thus easier to read.
You can adjust the size in the font.xml file. Just make a copy of your changes to avoid getting overwritten with future updates. If you have specific views you want larger, let me know and I'll point you to the exact code to change.
-stoli-
I would like to increase the size of the Artist/Album/Song info font
Movie/TV show plot summary, tagline, etc.
There is a tool which could be used with any skin....
It increase the fonts with any number.
Readme inside.

LINK

Kudos to the author.
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
ubuntuf4n Wrote:There is a tool which could be used with any skin....
It increase the fonts with any number.
Readme inside.

LINK

Kudos to the author.

Nice! I am going to give this a try right now!
Thanks for the reply but I can't see a readme so what do I do with it?
sry forgot the readme file..

here we go...

README
Quote:Standard definition TVs - modify skins' small font sizes and make them readable
For those of you still suffering 4:3 SD TVs and can't read the tiny fonts meant to be seen in high definition, I wrote a little script a year ago that allows modifying the font sizes of a skin by a certain amount.

Its a Python script that takes the Font.xml file as first argument and a number as second argument. This number can be positive, e.g. 10, or negative, e.g. -10. The script runs through the Font.xml file and modifies all the <size> tags by the amount specified.

Link

Rar file with executable - download this to modify skin font sizes

How to use the script:
1) unrar it somewhere (like your desktop)
2) copy "SkinName\720p\Font.xml" to "Desktop\xfontsize\Font.xml"
3) start -> run -> type cmd.exe -> click ok
4) type "cd Desktop\xfontsize" -> press enter
5) type "xfontsize Font.xml X" where X is the number you want to modify the fontsize by. It can be positive (increases size) or negative (decreases size). Example: xfontsize Font.xml 10 -> this will make all fonts 10pt bigger. xfontsize Font.xml -10 makes all fonts 10pt smaller.
6) Copy Font.xml back to SkinName\720p\ folder, overwriting the one that's there.

Source code:
Python script source - download this if you want to see the source code, or if you have the Python interpreter installed.

Cheers
Cheers
ubuntuf4n

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bigger font???0