[Request] nfo scraper for Music Videos
Question 
Since the depreciation of the MTV plugin there is not a viable scraper available for music videos. I know that XBMC should skip using the scraper if their is an nfo file available, but that function is not currently working properly. (I have posted that issue elsewhere) Before 10.0/ 10.1 was released, one had the option of choosing "nfo scraper" as a scraper option for music videos. Could some one bring this plug-in back?

Thank you for your time.
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. - Friedrich Nietzsche
linesma Wrote:Since the depreciation of the MTV plugin there is not a viable scraper available for music videos. I know that XBMC should skip using the scraper if their is an nfo file available, but that function is not currently working properly. (I have posted that issue elsewhere) Before 10.0/ 10.1 was released, one had the option of choosing "nfo scraper" as a scraper option for music videos. Could some one bring this plug-in back?

Thank you for your time.

+1
We need the option to scrape NFO's for music videos
I am pretty sure full nfo scraping worked fine last time i tried.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
vdrfan Wrote:I am pretty sure full nfo scraping worked fine last time i tried.

vdrfan,

I am talking about music videos only. The nfo scraping works fine for everything else. If you disable the MTV Plugin because it is depreciated in the repository, and go with the Yahoo Music Video Plugin, your music videos will be removed from your library and nothing more can be added. The Yahoo Music Video Plugin does not have native nfo scraping capabilities. For more information about this, I direct you to two different posts in the support section of this forum that deals with this problem.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=8...post867425

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=106500

Thank you for your time and hard work with this wonderful program.

linesma
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. - Friedrich Nietzsche
We're talking about FULL nfo files or URL nfo files. Both scrapers (mtv + yahoo) do not have the NfoUrl bit so i guess you're talking about FULL nfo files. I still don't get what the actual problem is.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Btw, when changing the scrapers, say NO when asked if you want to remove/cleanup the items. Answering yes removed all your previously scraped/added music videos.
vdrfan Wrote:We're talking about FULL nfo files or URL nfo files. Both scrapers (mtv + yahoo) do not have the NfoUrl bit so i guess you're talking about FULL nfo files. I still don't get what the actual problem is.
Thank you for your time with this. Since I am a hardware person, I have a hard time explaining things sometimes when a program seems to go awry. So I will give it my best shot.

This is an example of the text of my music video .nfo file:

<musicvideo>
<title>Candy Everybody Wants</title>
<artist>10,000 Maniacs</artist>
<genre>Pop-Folk</genre>
<musicvideo>

Even with that as text for my .nfo files, the Yahoo Music Video scraper would not scrape any Music Videos. Using the Yahoo scraper because the MTV Scraper was disabled, XBMC would skip over scanning for music videos because the Yahoo scraper would not read the nfo files. Even if I had it set to scan recursively.

For some reason though, when using the now depreciated MTV scraper, if it saw an nfo file, it would get its information from it instead of the internet.

Why I am asking for an nfo only type scraper for Music Videos, because it worked and was reliable. It was native to XBMC and did not require the internet. It would also give another option to the user for the scraping of this kind of media that was entirely within the projects control.

Sorry for the long post. I wish I was able to communicate the issue more clearly.

Thank you for your time and patients with me.

linesma
vdrfan Wrote:Btw, when changing the scrapers, say NO when asked if you want to remove/cleanup the items. Answering yes removed all your previously scraped/added music videos.

I learned that the hard way. Thanks for the information though. Big Grin
Yeah, the one you posted is a FULL nfo. I'll try to reproduce this later today.
vdrfan Wrote:Yeah, the one you posted is a FULL nfo. I'll try to reproduce this later today.

What I and some others have done that got the error was:

1. Disable the MTV Plugin when asked to because it was depreciated.
2. Switch to the Yahoo Music Video Scraper.
3. Update library, and XBMC will skip over scanning music videos entirely.

This happened on my XBMC Live 10.1 (compiled on 9 March 2011) install.

I hope this helps. If I can give you any more information, please let me know.

Thanks again.
The nfo posted is imported just fine in today's master (Eden-Pre).

On similar note.. we have to check if there's a more feasible data source than yahoo and decide on a new default scraper. Too bad the MTVN API was shut down.
vdrfan Wrote:The nfo posted is imported just fine in today's master (Eden-Pre).

On similar note.. we have to check if there's a more feasible data source than yahoo and decide on a new default scraper. Too bad the MTVN API was shut down.

Thank you for looking into the issue. I was concerned about something for this release as well as the future. I will look around as well to see if I can find anything.

Thank you again for your help and patients.

linesma
vdrfan Wrote:The nfo posted is imported just fine in today's master (Eden-Pre).

Sorry to resurrect a very old thread, but has any thought been given to using just a music source? I know it is not ideal, but it might help the ties between artists in the music and musicvideo tables.
I'm using 10.1 dharma, and it works well, so i havnt upped to the edenpre yet, and the nfo scraper for music videos is still not working, will I need to wait til I update to Eden pre to have the functionality of the nfo scraper? or is there anything I can do in the mean time?
The MTV scraper doesn't seem to have been disabled in Dharma even though it no longer works. This recently started causing XBMC to throw up mysterious errors about not being able to connect to something (without saying what that is) when trying to do library updates. I had to enable debug mode to figure out what was going on, after which I had to open the Set Content menu on all my music video sources to disable use of the MTV scraper.

The MTV scraper plugin itself cannot seem to be disabled or removed on my XBMC Live Dharma install.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Request] nfo scraper for Music Videos0