[LIVE] Moved computer - wouldn't start - now won't reinstall
I own the Acer Asipre Revo 1600 and have been running various versions of XBMC Live for a while now. Over the past month, I had XBMCFreak Maverick 10.1 v2 running on it successfully.

We decided to do some rearranging in the house last night and I shut down the Revo and unplugged everything as we moved it into a new room. When I plugged it all back in, I booted the computer up and was presented with a boot error which I hastily proceeded past unfortunately by pressing F1 to "continue with default settings" I believe. Then the computer got stuck trying to boot and only flashed a blinking cursor at me. I tried a number of things with the boot but couldn't get past the blinking cursor.

Today, I tried to do a fresh install to hopefully remedy the problem but now I cannot get through the install. It gets stuck on the CD-ROM step by telling me I don't have a CD-ROM and then exiting me from the installation process. I had seen a posted solution for this problem (http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=652...stcount=18) but it was specific to Ubuntu instead of Live, I believe.

First off, does anyone have any idea on what would cause me to just see this blinking cursor instead of booting into XBMC? And, secondly, does anyone know of what would be causing the installation problem? I have been using XBMCFreak exclusively since that has so much preconfigured on it already but would be open to suggestions of using another method if need be.

Thanks so much in advance.
I think that cmos battery is dead, so you've lost you're bios configuration when you unplugged it.
Check in bios setup how is configured sata for example (AHCI or IDE). Maybe your previous installation was done in a different one that the default bios configuration, causing this problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Moved computer - wouldn't start - now won't reinstall0