Issues with Search window and remote
Hi, I have Dharma installed on my Windows 7 Acer Revo nettop. I have installed the MCERemote add on and activated it. Mostly everything is working fine. The only issue that I am seeing right now is that when I try to do a search, say search for artist in the search window of music. I am not able to use the arrow keys on the remote to select the letters for input. My cursor is stuck in the text box, so the arrow keys just move back and forward in that box. The same happens when i use the arrow keys on my keyboard.

Hitting tab on the keyboard does not get me out of the text box. So I don't see how I can do that with my remote either?

Right now the only way I can enter text there is using my keyboard. I would like to be able to also enter text using the remote.

Another question, if it can be answered here, is it possible to use the remote number keys like a phone keypad where each number can also be an alphabet, for example by pressing 2 you can enter a, b, c or 2?

Thanks.
You need to change a setting. From the Home page go to System settings, System, Input devices and enable "Remote control sends keyboard presses". Once you've done this the arrow buttons on the remote will navigate around the virtual keyboard.

JR
That was it! Thanks for the tip.

And is it possible to configure the number buttons the way I described earlier?
haiiyaa Wrote:And is it possible to configure the number buttons the way I described earlier?

I don't think so. It is possible to configure the numeric buttons this way for navigating in lists e.g. press "2" twice to navigate to the first title starting with "B" or three times to go to the first title starting with "C". However no such feature is available in edit controls. As far as I know this feature isn't on anyone's to-do list.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:It is possible to configure the numeric buttons this way for navigating in lists e.g. press "2" twice to navigate to the first title starting with "B" or three times to go to the first title starting with "C".

How can I configure the keys to do this? It does not work out of the box

jhsrennie Wrote:However no such feature is available in edit controls. As far as I know this feature isn't on anyone's to-do list.

This feature use to work when I had xbmc installed on my xbox. Any chance of this being implemented?
haiiyaa Wrote:How can I configure the keys to do this? It does not work out of the box

Press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

notepad "%appdata%\xbmc\userdata\keymaps\keyboard.xml"

click OK, and when you're asked about creating a new file answer "Yes". Notepad should open showing either a empty file, or existing keyboard mappings if you had created any. Copy and paste the following into Notepad:

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <two>JumpSMS2</two>
      <three>JumpSMS3</three>
      <four>JumpSMS4</four>
      <five>JumpSMS5</five>
      <six>JumpSMS6</six>
      <seven>JumpSMS7</seven>
      <eight>JumpSMS8</eight>
      <nine>JumpSMS9</nine>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

Close Notepad and save the changes. By doing this you are overriding the mappings of the number keys to execute the JumpSMS actions instead of just generating numbers. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Mod...yboard.xml for background info.

haiiyaa Wrote:This feature use to work when I had xbmc installed on my xbox. Any chance of this being implemented?

Not by me.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues with Search window and remote0