Streaming while scraping
Rainbow 
Hi

I'm having some memory issues while streaming a movie at the same time as the scraping is on in the background. Efter 5-10min of streaming, XBMC crashes.
(There is a new LowMemory-<date>-<time>.plist file after each crash)

The last time I streamed a 540mb xvid with 2.0 audio - e.g. nothing extreme like a 20gb 1080p movie with 7.1 sound Smile

If I turn off the scraping, it works flawlessly.
Is there a way to set the priority of the scraping to avoid this issue?

Here are my settings:

ATV2
IOS 4.3 with XBMC PRE-11.0 (from june 23rd)
DTS and AC3 passthrough is enabled and working.
Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR607
Video source: HDMI
Sound source: Optical

//Mike
is it really necessary to scrape while streaming on a plattform which only got 256mb ram and the underlaying os is already eating a big chunk of that?

To answer your question ... no ... nothing you can do about it by now - just let it scrape alone...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Quote:is it really necessary to scrape while streaming on a plattform which only got 256mb ram and the underlaying os is already eating a big chunk of that?

Well, no - but everytime you start xbmc it automatically starts searching for new media (and scraping if it finds any). To manually stop the scanning every time you wanna watch a movie seems to go against the intended xbmc functionality.

I´m sure it can be done more memory efficient in the background (slow, low priority, 1 thread etc).
mystiqu Wrote:Well, no - but everytime you start xbmc it automatically starts searching for new media (and scraping if it finds any). To manually stop the scanning every time you wanna watch a movie seems to go against the intended xbmc functionality.

I´m sure it can be done more memory efficient in the background (slow, low priority, 1 thread etc).

Turn off the 'scan for new content on startup' feature in settings and then just scan when you arent watching anything.
mystiqu Wrote:Well, no - but everytime you start xbmc it automatically starts searching for new media (and scraping if it finds any). To manually stop the scanning every time you wanna watch a movie seems to go against the intended xbmc functionality.

patches are much welcome Smile
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streaming while scraping0