Multi-Part Movies
Hi all,

I have a problem.

I have a folder for The Great Escape, it had CD 1 (First hour and a half or so of the movie) and CD2, I've moved both video files into the root of the movie folder, but XBMC only picks up the first half...

Does anyone know how to get around this?

The scraper is just picking up the one movie, it's not causing XBMC to show part 1 and part 2.

Should I find something that will just allow me to join them into one file?
(If this is the case does anyone know what such a program is called?)

Thanks in advance!

Unrelated -;

Also another problem, my XBMC seems to often stop working and I have to close the program, I'm not at home at the moment but I assume I'll need to post the logs but is there anything obvious that would be causing this?
(It always happens if we try browsing to movies while it's still checking for new information, but even after it's stopped and the window disapepars it may still crash)
XBMC should only show one listing for the movie. If the files are named exactly the same except for ending in cd1 or cd2 then when you play the title XBMC will load cd2 when it gets to the end of cd1.
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
Yeah, second that.

I have a film with two discs, first is *** Disc1, second is *** Disc2.
They are read as a single file, in fact I can't see anything in xbmc which identify's them as two discs.
Its to do with the naming of the files. Check out the wiki and search for movie stacking and ensure that each part of the video has a recognised stackable extensions (e.g the.great.escape.cd1.mkv)

As for the XBMC unable to close - make sure you enable debugging before you post the log. If you don't want to have an OSD for debugging edit your advancedsettings.xml to change the default log level. Use the wiki to search for details on advancedsettings.xml for what you need to change.
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=File_Stacking
Perfect.

You guys are heroes.

Thank you very much! Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multi-Part Movies0