Playback only smooth at main menu?
Hey guys,

I'm running the latest windows binaries on windows 7. My hardwares a zotac ion 330, dual core atom.

My issue seems to be that when playing back mkv videos I do not get a stable framerate in fullscreen, jumps between 22-26fps. This makes things very jittery.

However, if I'm just sitting at the main screen the video seems to play back smoothly.

I'm trying to understand what's different between the rendering in fullscreen versus the main menu. I assume there must be some different processing going on in fullscreen for it to behave differently.

I'm been messing around with the video settings but can't seem to get things running better. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Additionally I wanted to adjust my cache buffers to see if I can alleviate any possible network congestion, as I've been also noticing framerate stability on another xbmc machine which previously worked fine (the zotac is new so i have no reference point on it)

I don't see gui options to adjust cache, has this been removed entirely?

Thanks,
first of all, make sure that your graphic card have the latest driver. do these in xbmc: system>settings>video>playback (select allow hardware acceleration (dxva2), adjust display refresh rate to match video and sync playback to display) and system>settings>system>video output (select full screen for display mode, select same resolution as adjusted in graphic card control center and enable "use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen").
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thanks. I've tried most of that but missed a few. Honestly didn't seem to help but I'll make sure I have all that checked.

However I did reduce my resolution from 1080 to 720 and things seem to be at a constant 25fps now. I would obviously prefer 1080P so I'd like to pursue this further.

My CPU, mem and network io is rather low. I'm wondering how I could go about checking if my GPU is the bottle neck. I'll look around for some software that lets me see the load on gpu.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback only smooth at main menu?0