Building my first HTPC: Budget €250
gnolan Wrote:I think that might be might of a clincher for me. I want to be able to adapt the one unit to my future needs.

How does this setup look:

ASRock E350M1
WD 2TB hard drive
32GB SSD
1x2GB Kingston Value RamHuh??
mITX CaseHuh?
take a look at the asrock e350m1 in my signature. it can playback everything i threw at it so far!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
bluray Wrote:take a look at the asrock e350m1 in my signature. it can playback everything i threw at it so far!

I can see myself having trouble getting any kind of alright looking case for good money. Is the cpu fused to the motherboard on the E350M1?
2GB (1x2GB) is plenty for HTPC use, so thats a good buy!

mini-ITX case --> Compucase With 120W PSU
£38.21 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK
eskro Wrote:2GB (1x2GB) is plenty for HTPC use, so thats a good buy!

mini-ITX case --> Compucase With 120W PSU
£38.21 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK

I had seen that one but unfortunately:

"This product is not currently offered by Amazon.co.uk because a customer recently told us that the item he or she received was not as described.

We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible. In the meantime, you may still find this product available from other sellers on this page."
check here http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=FOXCONN...23&bih=661
gnolan Wrote:I can see myself having trouble getting any kind of alright looking case for good money. Is the cpu fused to the motherboard on the E350M1?
asrock e350m1 motherboard come with integrated AMD Radeon HD 6310 graphics and AMD Dual-Core Processor E350. if you would like to throw in a more powerful graphic card, it has 1 pci express slot available. any of these apex mini-itx cases will be perfect for it.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thanks for the suggestions from everyone. Shipping a case to me will be a problem, the costs are a little too high and i'm looking to save some money here.

Does anyone know if it would be possible to use a Sky Box with the innards removed?

Do you think these would be able to properly fit a mITX mobo with CPU GPU etc?

From another site:

Quote:There are different versions of Sky+ boxes, from different manufacturers. If you know the dimensions of a box we're missing, please contact us. Here are the box dimensions that we've managed to find so far :

Pace Sky+ Box v1: 422 x 355 x 74 mm
Pace Sky+ Box v2: 380 x 243 x 72 mm
Sky 160 Box: 360 x 242 x 68.5 mm
Thomson Sky+ HD Box: 380 x 245 x 80 mm

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Building my first HTPC: Budget €2500