Some official plug-ins not available for install on ATV2?
So...I'm trying to get Al Jazeera, among other things, installed on my ATV2. When I go to video add-ons and select the official repository, I get a list of about twenty add-ons. However, Al Jazeera is not among them even though it is part of the official repository. I installed XBMC on my pc just to verify, and the list of video add-ons was much larger. Does XBMC automatically only display those add-ons which are compatible with the device you're using (i.e. ATV2 vs. PC)? I'm dying to watch live streams in XBMC but .strm files and pretty much every add-on I've tried don't work..
wb2alta Wrote:So...I'm trying to get Al Jazeera, among other things, installed on my ATV2. When I go to video add-ons and select the official repository, I get a list of about twenty add-ons. However, Al Jazeera is not among them even though it is part of the official repository. I installed XBMC on my pc just to verify, and the list of video add-ons was much larger. Does XBMC automatically only display those add-ons which are compatible with the device you're using (i.e. ATV2 vs. PC)? I'm dying to watch live streams in XBMC but .strm files and pretty much every add-on I've tried don't work..

It has nothing to do with ATV2 and everything to do with ATV2 running XBMC pre-v11 rather than 10.1. Due to changes in the way add-ons work, add-ons not updated or not known to work with the new chances in pre-11 will not show up. If you run a nightly version on any platform (PC, Mac, linux, ATV2/iOS, etc) it will be the same thing. See if you can find a thread for that add-on in the add-on support sub-forum and bug the author to get it up to speed Smile
Hey wb2alta, I will also add that some addons don't work. I forget the exact error but I tried to install the Zoneminder addon to my atv2 from a zip and it error out to something like "addon is improperly structured". I had planned on using atv2s as front ends for all my TVs except the theater but it looks like I'm going a different route.
Ned thank you for the reply. Would the fact that ATV2 is running pre-v11 also be why .strm files don't seem to run correctly as others report they do on linux/windows?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some official plug-ins not available for install on ATV2?0