XBMC clear cache
Is there a way to reset the cache XBMC uses? So it does a brand new lookup for all the images it has stored, etc, against the meteadata provider (or local image?)

I think my cache has grown extensively from the amount of one time shows I had in there, and would like to reset it.

I feel like this has been covered, but I can't seem to find it anywhwere
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Userdata
You can refresh any video in your library using the context menu, but I don't believe there is an easy way to refresh all at the same time.

You could just delete your videodatabase file (MyVideos34.db) and start from scratch if that's what you want.

If you are looking to delete old thumbnail and fan-art images that are no longer used, see my sig.
XBMC.MyLibrary (add anything to the library)
ForTheLibrary (Argus TV & XBMC Library PVR Integration)
SageTV & XBMC PVR Integration
joebrady Wrote:http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Userdata

I looked through there. But when I deleted (renamed) the Thumbnails directory, I just had blank folder images. So it didn't rebuild.

bradvido88 Wrote:You can refresh any video in your library using the context menu, but I don't believe there is an easy way to refresh all at the same time.

You could just delete your videodatabase file (MyVideos34.db) and start from scratch if that's what you want.

If you are looking to delete old thumbnail and fan-art images that are no longer used, see my sig.

I'm going through that linked path now. When I get home tonight, I'll try it.
If you don't use bradvido88 script your other option is to backup your "MyVideos34.db" then delete the one in your \userdata\Database along with the Thumbnails folder or just the \Thumbnails\Video folder then rescan your library when finished replace your old "MyVideos34.db"
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
I think you have to delete Textures.db from the database folder, otherwise XBMC thinks it has a cached copy of the graphic. I wouldn't swear to this, but a quick search of the forum suggests this is the case.

JR
I used the script from bradvido88, and it was fantastic! Deleted more than 1 GB of stuff!
Due to the new site change I'm unable to see bradvido88's sig. Does anybody have the link to his script?
(2011-08-30, 09:18)jhsrennie Wrote: I think you have to delete Textures.db from the database folder, otherwise XBMC thinks it has a cached copy of the graphic. I wouldn't swear to this, but a quick search of the forum suggests this is the case.

JR

I can attest to this. Deleted Thumbnails folder and had all blank images. Removed the Texture*.db files and my images started displaying properly.
(2012-08-28, 22:57)SpoBo Wrote:
(2011-08-30, 09:18)jhsrennie Wrote: I think you have to delete Textures.db from the database folder, otherwise XBMC thinks it has a cached copy of the graphic. I wouldn't swear to this, but a quick search of the forum suggests this is the case.

JR

I can attest to this. Deleted Thumbnails folder and had all blank images. Removed the Texture*.db files and my images started displaying properly.

cheers works like a charm

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC clear cache0