DLNA video streaming problem
WarKnight Wrote:If you tell me which nightly version you are using, I could probably compile a custom version with the changes I made in the Dharma version so you could test it.

Thanks Matt. I appreciate you working on this project.

I'll use the latest nightly of Win32 to test (dated 9/27).

The skin I'm using is designed for Eden, so I'd hate to go back to Dharma at this point. A compile with the nightly will allow me to test it out on my WDTV live hub. Hoping it works for that, too. Smile
Ok excellent, I will compile a custom version based on this nightly build later tonight when I will get home.

Not sure this custom version will work with your WDTV LiveHub though. But it's worth a try Smile

If it doesn't work, I will check what I could do to fix the problem. I will repost later on when the version will be compiled and available.

Regards,
Matt
I just finished uploading the custom pre-eden version based on the nightly build you will use. You can pick it up here. Same instructions as in one of my previous post. Rename XBMC-pre-eden.exe to XBMC.exe in your installation dir and backup the old one.

This branch has been uploaded to github here. Same set of changes as for the custom dharma version.

Let me know when you will have tested it.

Regards,
Matt
That's great news, thanks a lot. I'll test it out in the morning and let you know how it goes.
Big Grin 
Hi Warnight, I have searched for several weeks to solve the DLNA / Samsung Allshare streaming problem from the Samsung BD-D5500 which did not stream from XMB on Win7 and reported the "File format not Supported" error. You can browse however to all folders on the XBMC server from the Blu-ray player. Your .exe which you posted works great and I have tested it on several AVI's. I am not sure which is pre-eden build etc etc. but I used your .exe with the XBMCSetup-20110926-dab646e-master.exe installation package and it works great. I subscribed to xbmc.org just to say thank you for your effort.
Hey Matt,
Well I tried your version with my WDTV Live Hub and no-go. Sad Just as a bit of a background, the WDTV plays just about anything you throw at it. All my "problem" files play fine when played locally; just not when it's streamed through XBMC uPNP. It used to work fine (or at least I thought it did) when I was using Dharma.
Not sure if this is anything you can look into (or have the time to look into), but if you do I thank you in advance.

Regards
Hi Matt, I had one problem yesterday after posting where XBMC.exe crashed / unexpected error message by Windows 7. I started it again and no problems after that. Will monitor and advise if any crashes.
@thiartj

Thank you for testing this version, since it is a fix for Samsung AllShare devices, I'm glad it works as expected. Stay tuned, I will add support for mkv in the next week. It would be great if you could re-test it with some mkv.

For the pre-eden thing, in fact it's pretty simple. The current stable and public wide version of XBMC is codenamed Dharma and it's tagged as 10.1. The next version will be called Eden (11.0) but it is not ready yet for production so it is called right now pre-eden. The version you tried is a kind-of preview of the next version of XBMC Eden.

In the first time, I did a fix for the Dharma version of XBMC, which is supposed to be more stable than the pre-eden version. You can pick the custom exe here. But LakersFan wanted to test it but he is using a nightly build (or pre-eden version) so I provided him a custom version of pre-eden with the patch applied here. This is the version you tested, so it could have unresolved bugs in it since it is not out yet. This is maybe why it crashed, I don't think it is related to my fix but it could. I have used a custom Dharma version for three weeks now and never encoutered a crash yet.

Thanks for testing and for reporting here that it works on your blu-ray player Smile

@LakersFan

This is what I feared, it could have worked but it was a specific fix for Samsung AllShare so I was not confident. Anyway, I could look into it but you will need to help me since I don't have access to a WDLiveHub.

Could you describe a little bit more the problem. Are you able to browse the library on your hub? Is the movie starting or not at all? Did you succeed to stream with another software? If it doesn't start, does it show an error message? Describe the steps you did to arrive to the problem.

After that, I will probably ask you to install WireShark and audit the packets send on your network but we are not there yet. It is even easier if you are able to stream with another software. This way, you could send me two audits, one with XBMC and one with a working software. With both, I can check the differences and try to fix your problem.

Regards,
Matt
Yeah, I figured it was a 50/50 shot to work.
In answer to your questions, yes I can browse the library just fine. I see all my movies. I'd say about 99% of my movies are mkv format. Some are ripped bluray some are ripped DVD. Some movies play fine; the ones that don't play, don't play at all. It gives an error stating "Unable to play media". However, if I try the movie file via a USB stick, it'll play fine. It's not specific to ripped bluray's or ripped DVD's. Some just happen to work, others don't. I am able to stream all the movies just fine using TVersity to share the media (off the same PC, no less!).

I'll be happy to test whatever can help. I just appreciate you taking the time.
There's no possibility of creating this as a plugin instead of a custom build?
Hi Matt, I noticed the strange problem below when using the modified .exe for Samsung Allshare. Not sure if this is related to the modified .exe or if maybe a pre-eden problem. I tried to sort it this week by installing new nightly build, but no progress made.

On PC where XBMC Installed - All media and library fine
Streaming from Xbox 360 from PC above - All fine
Streaming from Samsung Blu-ray DLNA / Allshare - All fine except TV Episodes when browsing from Blu-ray through allshare has blank folders (all folders blank). I removed TV Episodes content / recanned / clean library etc but no changes seen. Recently Added TV Episodes, Movies, Music, and Recently added video and the rest of the media are fine.
Streaming from Samsung Galaxy Tablet - Media streaming fine using a third party player (UPNPLay for Android), but when XBMC remote to control PC with XBMC installed the TV Episodes folders are not blank, but some TV Episodes missing, all other folders in library fine.
From HTC Wildfire & Wildfire S / Android - Same behaviour when using XBMC remote as with Samsung Galaxy Tablet.
I had the error "video codec not supported" trying to view video's using the wireless option, but once I added encoding to the video's having this error using Microsoft Expression Encoder 4 (free version) http://www.microsoft.com/expression/prod...rview.aspx it fixed this issue.

So, what some files are missing is the correct encoding! I was able to do this to .wmv, avi and mov files. Either seperately or making a windows live movie maker wmv file and encoding that final result. Why no one has this info posted anywhere I looked (and I looked high and low) I have no idea, but yeah theres the fix..
After updating Dhama to Eden (OpenElec Beta4 - ion x64) I now have DLNA working with Samsung Allshare.
You cannot fast forward/Rewind & I have found a couple of vids with codec issues, probably not supported by the Samsung.
Media Companion Developer
Hi there,

I am new in the forum and i written you from Bulgaria.

I have problems with my Philips TV version:

The TV is PHILIPS PFL6606H with software:

- SOFTWARE UPDATE: Q5551-0.14.99.00
- Release for: TV550R3
- Q5551-0.14.99.0_bld78a

I want to use XBMC like DLNA server to play my videos from the Laptop with Windows 7 all the format especially HD format.

Please friends i try from one month with : , SERVIIO, MEZZMO, TVmobilly, and some athers but a do not play everything.
Some AVI is streaming well others not, cant play MKV, or playing not good.

Can you please tell me if someone of you is work correctly on Windows 7 and Philips TV.
And which XBMC version i must to use, to play all the formats.

Sorry to bother you and thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Yavor
Hi all,

Can someone compile this for ios (ipad)?

Best regards...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DLNA video streaming problem0