• 2(current)
Random Movie script for skins
fmronan Wrote:google translation:
I would be able to view the film at random contained in a video playlist

Ok, I understand.

This is on my list of things I'd like to do, however I don't think this is possible at the moment.

I need to look at the JSON RPC methods and double check what's available for playlists.
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server
I hope you get there, because it really is something missing in xbmc
el_Paraguayo Wrote:Ok, I understand.

This is on my list of things I'd like to do, however I don't think this is possible at the moment.

I need to look at the JSON RPC methods and double check what's available for playlists.

Yes! I can get this to work.

Will add to next version of the script.
You have nice ideas
One improvement could be that you can make it work with TV Series. For example you can play a random episode, or play a random episode of a given genre (Comedy/Cartoon...etc), or even play a random episode of a given TV Series.
Other than that this script seems great, and I will try to integrate it under the Movie submenu.
tria Wrote:You have nice ideas
One improvement could be that you can make it work with TV Series. For example you can play a random episode, or play a random episode of a given genre (Comedy/Cartoon...etc), or even play a random episode of a given TV Series.
Other than that this script seems great, and I will try to integrate it under the Movie submenu.

This is already integrated into Cirrus Extended v2 so take a look at that skin to see how it's done (and look at post #1)
This is a sweet script, question though, what if I don't care about having it as a visable option in a skin? I'm just trying to map a button on my remote to do this. I absolutely suck at scripting so I won't even bother attempting this on my own, not without at least some heads up about if it'll even work Smile
If you've got a spare button on your remote you can, of course, map this script to it rather than adding it to the skin.

Just map the relevant function (see post #1) to the key.

I'm working on an update to the script, with a working title of "Surprise Me" - which allows you select a few more filters for your random film (e.g. MPAA rating). You can also watch a number of random trailers matching your criteria and then pick which one you want to watch.

Eventually I'll add random music to it.

Anyway, if you're interested in taking a look at the current testing version, it's here: https://github.com/elParaguayo/xbmc-rand...SurpriseMe
Thanks for the reply man! I think my problem was my syntax was off, I had been messing with it for awhile tonight but I'm not a coder. I guess Eden needs XBMC.runscript instead of just runscript? Either way it working now and this is PEEEERFECT. I ended up mapping 2 buttons 1 with the genre filter and 1 without.
quebert Wrote:Thanks for the reply man! I think my problem was my syntax was off, I had been messing with it for awhile tonight but I'm not a coder. I guess Eden needs XBMC.runscript instead of just runscript? Either way it working now and this is PEEEERFECT. I ended up mapping 2 buttons 1 with the genre filter and 1 without.

Depending on what you like to do, the Surprise Me version allows you to set some preferences i.e. filter by genre yes/no/prompt - so you may be able to get away with one button.

Let me know bugs, feature suggestions etc.
lphin1983 Wrote:Image
I wanted to make the experience seamless with the skin as a whole, so the code to launch the script is coded directly into the skin (rather than launching through the addons menu).

that was exactly my intention when I wrote it!
Hi everyone, this may be covered somewhere but I don't know how to install the script and get it working on the Aeon Nox 3.0 skin which has this in the submenu. Can anyone help me set this up? Plz? Big Grin
I'm not aware of any skin other than Cirrus Extended v2 having incorporated this script.

If that's the case then you'll need to edit the skin and add the code that's in the first post.
(2012-05-23, 07:14)el_Paraguayo Wrote: I'm not aware of any skin other than Cirrus Extended v2 having incorporated this script.

If that's the case then you'll need to edit the skin and add the code that's in the first post.

No need to edit just install the script
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-05-23, 07:20)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-05-23, 07:14)el_Paraguayo Wrote: I'm not aware of any skin other than Cirrus Extended v2 having incorporated this script.

Nice!

i'm glad to see there's still some interest in the script. I haven't been working on it all recently due to other commitments in my life taking up more and more of my time, but I still read the forums and will be happy to make changes where there are excellent suggestions (or if it stops working!)
(2012-05-23, 07:20)Martijn Wrote:

Thanks for the replies guys Big Grin I'm really, really, new to XBMC and still figuring my way around. Is there a tutorial somewhere that shows how to install scripts or can someone walk me through the steps? Thanks so much Smile
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Random Movie script for skins0