[Mac]: iTunes starts when not wanted.
I have a MacMini (headless, OSX 10.7) which is only used to run XBMC. In general all works well. However sometimes when I start using it (it is 24/24 on with XBCM active) then all the remote presses go straight to iTunes. I still see only XBMC (iTunes is hidden below that) but iTunes is clearly controlled by the remote.

Any ideas or suggestions?
Lifehacker: Free Your Mac’s Media Keys from iTunes, No Manual Hacking Required

http://nomitsu-kronos.hd.free.fr/downloa...file=mmfix
I have no problem with Media keys (it is a headless MacMini so no keyboard at all). The problem is with the remote. Also I use Lion/10.7 and the link is only SL/10.6.
did you try it? The same fix should still apply.
Another option would be to see if Candelair for Mac OS X has an option to disable iTunes. I don't see any particular options on my copy, but it might be a place to start. It's a kind of replacement driver for the IR remote.
Candelair does not have such an option. For the time being I solved it by deleting iTunes.app using the Terminal.

I think the problem is that XBMC somehow and random relinquished control/focus and then OSX takes over.
I have the same problem. What's weird is that it used to work until about 2-3 weeks ago and was still working after I upgraded to Lion.

I would like to not have to delete iTunes though. There should be a way to fix this properly....

I will try to install Candelair tonight, maybe that helps. I already tried MMFix and that did not work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mac]: iTunes starts when not wanted.0