[Release] mako.co.il VOD plugin
Hi guys.

I have created a plugin for mako.co.il VOD section. Any of you who is into Israel television is invited to test it out.

https://github.com/yotama9/Yotamako/downloads
Hi Yotam.
I'm an experienced python programmer but without any experience with XBMC plugin creation and structure.
I tried to test your mako plugin, my results so far are:
  1. installation from zip file didn't work, I had to manually copy the zip file contents to the plugins direcoty.
  2. Loading failed since XBMC didn't find default.py, for some reason, the default file extension is ".py~" so i manually changed it to ".py".
  3. I got the following error from the XBMC log:
    Code:
    ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.SyntaxError'>
    22:18:44 T:108339200 M:139866112   ERROR: Error Contents: ("Non-ASCII character '\\xd7' in file /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.yotamako/default.py on line 16, but no encoding declared; see http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0263.html for details", ('/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.yotamako/default.py', 16, 0, None))
My XBMC platform is AppleTV2.
If i'll get this to work i'll let you know, I am too very interested in creating some plugins for us Israeli audience, so maybe we could join hands later on...
I've added the line:
Code:
# coding: utf-8
To the script and also changed the "id=" line to "plugin.video.yotamako"
Now it works, I can select a letter and a show and I get the episode list.
After I select an episode, nothing happens, my guess is that the function "playEpisode" is not complete yet.
In any case, this looks very promising.
With your permision, i'll checkout the project from Git and maybe commit the changes and try to help you with completing this plugin.

Gilad.
Hello,

I tested your plugin including Gilad's modifications and i got the episode lists.
but when selecting nothing plays.

Do you have any update in the pipeline?

Tested on MacBook Pro 10.7.1 Lion
actually, there IS a working Mako plugin for xbmc.... get it from this repo.
p.s. google is your friend Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] mako.co.il VOD plugin0