Great nighly build xbmc-20110831-b7436bd-master-atv2.deb
canadave Wrote:I wouldn't evaluate the quality of a build based on how well it plays icefilms content. Icefilms is of course an internet-based addon, so any stuttering could be due to your WAN throughput, problems on icefilms' end, etc. There's really no fair way to compare icefilms playback to LAN-based playback.

For me, for instance, the latest builds (and in fact earlier nightlies) have always played icefilms content fine. I've had some times when a few icefilms feeds have stuttered; in those cases I've selected other megaupload sources (from the list icefilms gives you) and eventually found one that plays fine.

This including the 720p icefilms? Here's to hoping the finding of hw accel XVID decoding in the A4...one day....one day
was wondering why do blueray rips stutter on the atv2?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
I've never heard of anyone who had success playing the icefilms hd stream on atv2. This wasn't the intention of the speedup fix. Mainly it was about to get the fanart/thumbnail loading speed back - and fix the music stutter.

Icefilm hd stutter may have other causes ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
depro Wrote:@ canadave

Very true. Unfortunately my set-up seems to fall short in playing 720p from icefilms. Tried several sources without too much success.

onizuka Wrote:This including the 720p icefilms? Here's to hoping the finding of hw accel XVID decoding in the A4...one day....one day

Sorry, no, I get stuttering on 720p icefilms content too. But again that's due to other issues external to the ATV2, such as WAN throughput, icefilms itself, and so on. Both icefilms content and local LAN content both arrive at the same network/wireless delivery point on the ATV2; so it's definitely not the ATV2's problem, if it plays one's 720p content perfectly but not the other.
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
I did a fresh install to this build But when i add sources I don't get the option to specify what content is in the directories.

Also I don't get any library menus

*** Never Mind after editing sources.xml It is all fixed
rflores2323 Wrote:was wondering why do blueray rips stutter on the atv2?

Mine don't.
rflores2323 Wrote:was wondering why do blueray rips stutter on the atv2?

When you say rip, what format are these. I experience stuttering with the bluray rip ie. mt2s streams which I don't think are supported. However a rip which is a mkv of equivalent size (though technically it may be classified as a BD rip) plays smoothly.

New territory for me so, am playing around with what works and what doesn't.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

sorry for the question guys, i need clarification:

is the "Audio Engine" code included in this nightlies?

i use atv2 for audiophile purposes and i need to know Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
c3kkos Wrote:sorry for the question guys, i need clarification:

is the "Audio Engine" code included in this nightlies?

i use atv2 for audiophile purposes and i need to know Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Nope, and won't be for a while. No ETA on it, but last we heard they had some major work to do on it.
Ned Scott Wrote:Nope, and won't be for a while. No ETA on it, but last we heard they had some major work to do on it.

Looks like the current plan is for it to come in Eden, which is scheduled around year end so we shouldn't expect it before then... and there could always be delays.
Can someone tell me what to do to be able to ssh a nightly build. I did read a lot and tried several times but no luck. I never pass the "dpkg........." loading. It doesn't hang but comes up with " 404 error.... no found ". I am using:
Darwing 11.0
Xbmc Pre- 11.0 : GIT: 20110623-26171b63 ( compiled: jun 23rd,2011 )
ios: 4.3 (8f455)
ATV2: 4.3
Thank you.Huh
If I helped you please add to my reputation a positive note
adioukrou.
adioukrou Wrote:Can someone tell me what to do to be able to ssh a nightly build. I did read a lot and tried several times but no luck. I never pass the "dpkg........." loading. It doesn't hang but comes up with " 404 error.... no found ". I am using:
Darwing 11.0
Xbmc Pre- 11.0 : GIT: 20110623-26171b63 ( compiled: jun 23rd,2011 )
ios: 4.3 (8f455)
ATV2: 4.3
Thank you.Huh

is dpkg issued in the .deb file's path?
c3kkos Wrote:is dpkg issued in the .deb file's path?

Thank you for your reply this is what I have whenn ssh "dpkg..."
Apple-TV:~ root# dpkg -i xbmc-20110904-a2098db-master-atv2.deb
dpkg: error processing xbmc-20110904-a2098db-master-atv2.deb (--install):
cannot access archive: No such file or directory
Errors were encountered while processing:
xbmc-20110904-a2098db-master-atv2.deb
Huh
adioukrou.
The error means that the file (xbmc-20110904-a2098db-master-atv2.deb) is not in that directory. You are in root's home directory. Where did you put the .deb file?
Buadhai Wrote:The error means that the file (xbmc-20110904-a2098db-master-atv2.deb) is not in that directory. You are in root's home directory. Where did you put the .deb file?

I am lost here! where do I have to put this file. I did not downloaded that file when I started to ssh the nightly build process bcause I did not know.So do I have to download it unzip it or not and put it where? Please tell me. Thank you.Huh
adioukrou.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Great nighly build xbmc-20110831-b7436bd-master-atv2.deb0