Home menu - Movies - cannot set user defined backdrop
Greetings.

I can't seem to set my own backdrop for Movies.

I can define and choose which jpg file I want to set and setting shows it is set but the picture is not loaded (in the setup screen) and backdrop is just blank (black) in the home menu.

Same thing happens with Weather Home menu as well.

All other backdrops for the home menus (customized or existing) work fine.

I have the curtains turned off and other settings shouldn't affect this function (or at least in my opinion)...

Please help.

Thx.
Hi edgy

Can I just check if you're using a Dharma or a nightly build of XBMC? It might be related to bug that I fixed in the eden-pre version of the skin that's probably still in the Dharma version.

Cheers
Hi Sharpe,

Using Dharma from main XBMC download page.

Can you advise how I can overcome this issue?

Thx.
Have you disabled any other home menu items (the bug was related to movies wallpaper not displaying if TV shows were disabled)?
You're right - the original TV Shows home menu was disabled.

Turned it on - now Movies custom backdrop works!

Weather was still a problem but after closing xbmc with TV Show home menu visible and re-launching xbmc, now Weather works too.

I can leave TV Show menu (customize the text into Korean word for Drama or something) and I think this will work for them.

I appreciate your help.

If you know of a permanent fix in future though, let me know.

Thank you very much.
Oh no problem - it's fixed in the nightly (eden-pre) version of the skin. It's an easy fix to make for dharma but I've not been working on the dharma version as I find juggling development between two versions of the skin far too much hassle. I can probably supply a fixed new home.xml to use if you want to manually add it?

Cheers
Appreciate all the help Sharpe.

I can make this work with current setup (if desperate, I'll research and figure out how to use eden-pre version).

As someone who appreciates the skin and the hard work of the dev(s) - I would rather spend 10 hours of my time to learn to get things working to my specific requirements rather than steal 10 minutes of precious dev time which can be used to make things better for everyone.

Spent about 3 days trying to figure this out (I was sure I tried turning visibility of original home menus on/off to see if that might help fix it but maybe wasn't paying careful attention).

As it turns out, 3 days were not a waste of time since I got to learn ins/outs of this skin and more about xbmc settings in general including beginner's skill in learning how/where to edit these xml files.

Thx once again.
Cheers edgy - If you do fancy using the eden-pre version then the included XBMC repo has a pretty up to date version of Back Row with quite a lot of changes and improvements over the dharma version of the skin.

In the meantime if you want to remain on dharma here's a link to a modified home.xml that should fix the movies custom wallpaper glitch - just copy it into the 720P skin folder.

http://www.mediafire.com/?d6efzea35g9a3je

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Home menu - Movies - cannot set user defined backdrop0