"No Scanned Information..." even though files are added
Question 
i'm running xbmc 10.1 on two computers i have. i have created an advancedsetings.xml which i use on both computers. this connects to a mysql database hosted on my server (on 24/7) to keep track of what's been watched. as of right now, the mysql database has an uptime of over 7 days.

my problem is that occasionally when i click on "recently added movies/tv shows" or "movies" or "tv shows" it will pop-up with the message saying that there is no scanned information for this view, even though there is. the only way to get the files to show up again is to reboot the computer and then everything works again. but for how long, i don't know. the computer doesn't lose connection with my server, because i can still browse via the files option in xbmc and play the files manually, but they're not showing up in the "movies" "tv shows" etc. library views until i reboot.

when everything works, it works very well, but this "no scanned information" glitch is quite annoying. any ideas?
so no one else has experienced this?
I'd guess that XBMC is failing to connect to the MySQL server for some reason. It would be interesting to see what the debug shows when you get one of these errors. You can nable debugging without the annoying on-screen display by creating an advancedsettings.xml containing:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <loglevel>1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>

To create the file press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

notepad "%appdata%\xbmc\userdata\advancedsettings.xml"

and click OK. Answer yes when you're prompted to create a new file. Copy and paste the above XML then close Notepad and save the file.

JR
i figured that it couldn't connect to the sql server, so i thought maybe when the computer comes out of sleep xbmc tries connecting to my server before the wifi/network adapter can connect to the network again. thinking this was the case i left one of the boxes on 24/7 and it still managed to happen. i figured simply doing a rescan of the library would bring everything back up, but it doesn't. i can see it scanning through all of the files, but at the end, xbmc says there's no information.

i added the <loglevel> to my advancedsettings.xml file and will report back here the next time this happens. i'm curious to see what it will say.

thanks for the help.
you were right, it couldn't connect to the mysql server for some reason. not sure why since both computers were on the entire time.

here's the pastebin of the log http://pastebin.com/ERs33eUf

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"No Scanned Information..." even though files are added0